29: heated moment

The next morning,

Jungkook stood somewhere deep in the forest. Dropping a body down out of his hand. Its neck hollowed out till the bone.

He smacked his lips and licked them while staring at his food.

"full" he muttered and turned around heading back home. His body was quite satisfied with the meal. Yet he was still a little thirsty, that person did not have healthy blood, it didn't taste good enough to keep drinking it, so he decided to just eat meat. Then at least he will have something his body cant use to function.
And the kill would not be for nothing.

He felt the cold morning air blow past his face, cooling the wet blood that covered his mouth and chin. The sun was starting to rise slowly. He shouldmt linger more, and the weather was gonna turn bad soon too. The cold air told him enough.

He quickened the pace and reached home after a while. The sun started to peek through the trees but luckily it was cloudy so he didn't get burned yet. Quickly he went inside through the front door and went to the kitchen.

But he flinched when he saw someone looking through the window. He did NOT expect anyone right now. Especially not Taehyung knocking on his door.

"fuck-" he turned around to hide his bloody appearance and quickly went upstairs to change clothes and roughly wash his face by wiping his face under the tap with speed. Dapping the bloody water off his washed face staining it a rosey red color.

Muttering a few more curse words he flew in his bat form down the stairs and shifted back in the living room doorway. It was the fastest way to get around when he was a small flying companion.

He was worried the merman would have left by now but he was still there. Taehyung had his back turned to the back door and stood next to the rose bush looking over the water.

Carefully not to startle the other he opened the back door and spoke up.

"Tae, come in"

The merman looked back a little surprised but smiled and went inside. Glad to be inside the warm house now, and it was even hotter when he stood so close to the vampire.

"good morning Jungkookie"

The raven chuckled at the name and smiled. "What brings you out on land so early? Feeling better already?"

"much better. So I hurried back here" Taehyung said. He couldn't bear being so far from the other. He just wants to be at his side all the time. Even if the water was literally behind his house it still felt way too far from him. So once he strengthened up he felt the hurry to get back to him.

So here he was.

"ahw, you want to be with me that badly hm?" Jungkook smirked and snaked an arm around the other's waist.

"y-yea" the merman blushed and looked away.

"Hold on, did you grab my clothes from outside?" Jungkook suddenly noticed the clothes the younger was wearing. Those were the clothes he put out to dry yesterday.

"those were the only things i could find to wear, i cant walk around here naked.."

"It's alright. I just didn't...Whatever its fine"

"Can i see more of those books, do you have anything about your world here?'' Taehyung asked and began to walk through the living room, specifically to the small table in front of the couch where a few thin books were.  They were like magazines.

"uh, I think so. Wait here, i will go get something"

-

After a while Jungkook had returned with a kid's book and they snuggled up on the couch jungkook had one arm over taehyung's shoulders and held the book in his hands with both hands. Leaving Taehyung comfortably in his arms.