10: a little flirt

It's been a few weeks since that day. Jungkook had been meeting up with the merman every day. And he was obviously looking happier than before. He was enjoying life again. Having something to look forward to, to work for, it felt good.

And it did for Taehyung as well. Who also felt happier now that he had someone to talk to. He had been feeling lonely before but now he had a friend. A friend who was willing to meet him in the daytime while he normally only lived in the dark. It made Taehyung feel special.

Everyday was a fun time for them. They got to know more about each other. But there is still much to them they haven't discovered yet. They would get occupied talking about other things. And besides, they didn't need to rush, Jungkook had an eternity and Taehyung had nowhere to go for a long time still.

And both knew it was best not to rush into it right away. The two were already an odd combination, so its best they take it incautiously to not startle the other with their differences.....This mostly applied to Jungkook.

"sooo, what now?" Jungkook asked while he folded seaweed around a pearl he got from Taehyung.

"You let it dry and then attach another one. You twirl the ends of the seaweed together to make it a string. And then you will have the necklace!" taehyung smiled and put the pearls from his hand into a small dent in the sand so they won't roll away. "no you're doing it wrong again, let me"

"but..." Jungkook frowned and looked at his work, none of the pearls were staying in place it was a mess. But he didn't complain and just handed his work to the professional.

"Here look, like this" Taehyung showed the raven how he wrapped the seaweed around the pearl once and twirled the ends together making it a chain of pearls being held by seaweed. "done" he smiled again and steadied himself before raising his hands up like he was granting a medal.

"oh, thank you" The vampire smiled and bent forward. By this action a part of his face was not covered by the umbrella. But he just bit his tongue until the merman hung the necklace around his neck.

"it will stay until the seaweed has dried out and breaks apart, it's short. But its still pretty"

"so, you make these in your underwater world?" Jungkook asked while he gently touched the pearls that were being held by the seaweed. He never wore such a strange necklace before. Yet the thought of it being merman made him feel elegant. He smiled.

"I do" Taehyung smiled when he saw Jungkook smile. Seeing the vampire react so positively made him feel warm and fuzzy inside. He already wants to go back to the seafloor and collect more pearls to give to him. Just to see him smile more.
But that smile started to fade when Taehyung saw a red spot on Jungkook's cheek and cheekbone. "Are you alright?"

Jungkook was confused by the question at first. Why would he not be alright? He was a vampire, what is there to not be alright about. But before his thoughts got all cocky he understood the question and looked at the merman. "ah, this, it's just the sun. I can manage. It will fade in a few hours usually"

"Does it hurt?"

Jungkook thought about that question. Should he answer honestly or lie and show him how tough he is....... No, honesty is the best choice if he wants Taehyung to trust him, to feel comfortable around him. "it does. But not something I can't handle. I've been burnt a lot in the past like this, i try to avoid it completely now."

"but the sun is out everyday, so you always dress up like that. All covered, isn't that too hot?" Taehyung asked feelings curious to know more about why Jungkool did what he did and how he did it.

"not really. Our body is naturally cold, we don't have the same hot blood flow. And well, I only dress like this during the day when I go outside. Usually i only get out at night, just my regular clothes and coat is enough." Jungkook answered.