The Next Three Years With My Brothers Best Friend. 9

“We’re going out for dinner.” Jake smiled at me as we walked through the parking lot of the hospital. I was still fuming about Ryan so I didn’t mean what I said next.

“Jake I’m having serious fucking doubt about us right about now, now is not the time to be all mushy!” I snapped as I yanked the car door open and got in snapping my seatbelt in to place as I fumbled with the keys.

“What?!” Jake stuttered looking scared more then anything, I knew it was harsh to say but he really needed to know that I didn’t need him going around bashing up boys for me… as shown ten minutes ago I’m perfectly capable of bashing up stupid assholes that try to get me in to their bed all by myself. “Addie please!” he pleaded with me as he put his seatbelt on and attempted to grab my hand. I pulled away and put the car in gear and sped out of the parking lot.

“What do you want me to Jake? Aw you’re so sweet for bashing up Ryan and getting yourself arrested?!” I snapped.

“Well yeah! Something along those lines would be nice!” He replied.

“Look I thought you of all people would know that I’m smarter then that! I would never let Ryan trick me in to his bed! I would never leave you!” I stressed as I sharply turned a corner and stepped on the accelerator.

Jake looked down at his feet so I couldn’t see his ashamed face. “Addie I don’t want to lose you, ever. I love you so much can you blame me for feeling threatened?” he asked.

“Well I guess not, but next time. Please have faith that I have enough brains not to be tricked by Ryan.” I said as I leaned over and grabbed Jake’s hand and laced our fingers together.

“Sorry.” He mumbled squeezing my hand.

“So about dinner …” I said glancing at him giving him a small encouraging smile.

“Something fancy?” he suggested wiggling his eyebrows at me. I laughed.

“Um okay.” I bit my lip, usually we only do something fancy if it’s a special occasion like birthdays or anniversaries.

So when we got home Jake went to explain everything to Cole and I went upstairs with Henry and Mel. We sat on the floor in my bedroom and Mel helped me find something to wear and we talking about what happened at the hospital with Ryan and what I told Jake on the way home. She was shocked that I had nearly broken up with Jake, and to be honest I’m kind of glad that Jake didn’t get angry with me for suggesting it and break up with me.

“I can’t believe that jerk!” Mel mused as we sifted through my shoe collection trying to find something to go with my strapless blue party dress.

“Yeah I know and the worst thing was he treated Jake like a piece of trash! It was horrible, I actually thought he changed. I mean he dropped the charges against Jake.” I said as I picked up a pair of black pumps.

“I think he only dropped the charges because thought there was a chance to get you in to bed, Addie.” Mel frowned and handed me the other black pump.

“Yeah I guess you’re right. I’m just glad that Jake and I are on alright terms again.” I said with a half hearted smile as I stood up and grabbed my jewelry box from the drawers.

“That great that you’re back to normal and stuff, you didn’t really mean that you were having second thoughts about you guys did you? I mean that pretty harsh.” She said as we started going through my jewelry. Henry started to whimper from his bouncer that was sitting on my bed. I got up and took him out of the bouncer and sat him in my lap as Mel picked up pieces of jewelry and I nodded if I liked them and shook my head if I didn’t.

“No! It was just a spur of the moment thing, I’d never mean it. I see myself getting married to Jake some day. I was just angry and took my frustrations out on him.”

Once I had picked my outfit I showered and went back in to the bedroom in my towel to be met my Jake lying on the bed with Henry lying on his chest. I giggled because it was so cute. “You’d make a good daddy.” I cooed as I crawled on to the bed and kissed his cheek, I still felt kind of bad for yelling at him in the parking lot.

“And you my dear girlfriend would be a MILF.” He snickered. I frowned; I couldn’t exactly slap him while he was holding Henry.

“That was not cool Jacob.” I said with a smirk and got off the bed and decided to be a tease. I dropped my towel.

“Whoa!” Jake sighed sitting up bringing Henry with him. “I’ll be right back.” He said and jumped off the bed, no doubt taking Henry back to Mel or Cole. I quickly grabbed all of my clothes and raced back in to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. Jake was already dressed for our date.

“Addie?” he called out when he came back in.

I was already dressed when I walked out of the bathroom and Jake had started unbuttoning his shirt, I smirked and walked out the room and downstairs to get some juice. “Addison are you teasing my best friend?” Cole scolded. He was holding Henry and eating a sandwich.

“No he’s just getting ahead of himself.” I smirked back ruffling Henry’s hair.

“He’s gonna hate you for that.” Cole chuckled and walked out of the room.

I was standing at the bench in the kitchen when he came back down stairs. He came up behind me and whispered huskily in my ear, “I want to make babies with you Addison.” I gulped I could tell he was being serious.

But of course I asked anyway. “Are you being serious?” I was nervous, my heart was beating a hundred miles per hour and my voice was low and I was actually surprised that he actually heard me.

“Yes. Completely serious, Addison.” He said. “I was going to wait until later tonight when we went to dinner but I don’t think I can wait…” he paused and took his hands off me and pulled something out of his pocket. I was too scared to look down and see what it was when he put his arms back around me. “Addison Marie Baker, will you be my wife?” I looked down and saw a beautiful ring.

“Yes.” I gulped and turned around and kissed him as hard as I could.

“I want to ask you something else…” he said quietly wiping a tear away from face away with his thumb. And I was crying because I happy by the way.

“I want to have a family with you. As soon as possible.” He said and I grinned like an idiot as tears threatened to fall again. These were two things I wanted to hear from Jake for a long time. ‘Be my bride and let have kids together.’ I nodded my head furiously and kissed him again.

“Oi! Not in the kitchen!” Cole yelled.

I ignored his yelling as Jake slipped this perfect diamond ring on to my finger, it was perfect. “Hello?! Pay attention to me!” my attention seeking brother waved his hands in front of us wants to know what the heck was going on, and at the same time ruining our perfect moment.

“We’re getting married dude shut up and let us have our moment!” Jake muttered irritated.

“Sorry what?”

“You heard me now bugger off we’re busy.” He said the irritation lacing his voice as he rubbed my cheek with his hand softly; I closed my eyes and relaxed.

“Wow congratulations.” He said with a big smile and walked out of the room to go and tell Mel.

“So a change of plans tonight. I thought we might go out dinner and celebrate like planned but instead of coming home I booked a room at the casino.” He smiled and kissed me softly. “Thought we could make a baby or two.” He chuckled.

“That sounds really nice, Jake.” I said my voice still uneasy I was still getting over the fact that Jake had asked me to marry him. Then I started to remember the time by the waterfall when we were in the Caribbean. “I love you.” I kissed his nose.

“I love you more.”