The Next Three Years With My Brothers Best Friend 5

Two months after Mel and Cole came back from their honeymoon. Happier then ever - might I add. Mel came up to me with an unsure, nervous sort of look. "Mel what's up?" I asked.

We were in the kitchen and I was munching on some celery. She sat down on a stool at the kitchen island and took a big breath. "I'm pregnant." I gasped nearly choking on my celery which ended up on the floor because I was wrapped my arms around her as she blubbered and I asked if she'd name it after me.

"Oh my God!" I screeched. I was jumping up and down and she was grinning from ear to ear, it was obvious that she was happy. "I'm so happy for you! Have you told Cole yet?" I asked as I let her go and looked at her face. Her face had completely changed and she was worried. "You think he's not gonna be happy?"

"Well we didn't actually plan to have any kids." she admitted.

"Relax Mel! Cole wouldn't reject you over something like that! You guys are married and I'm sure he wants to start a family as much as you do. Just tell him!" I smiled, I knew Cole would love the fact that Mel was pregnant and would treat her even more like a princess then he does already, I really don't know why Mel was worried.

"I just didn't think he'd like it." she frowned.

"Melissa Baker turn that frown upside down! You are pregnant and my brother is going to love it!" I scolded. She laughed and hugged me.

"Ah you're the best sister in law ever Addie. I'll tell him when he gets home!" she giggled and hugged me some more. We went in to the lounge room and I spotted a frozen looking Cole standing at the front door. Mel didn't notice and kept talking. "And you can be Aunt Addie!" she cooed. When she saw I wasn't paying attention she looked to where I was looking. "Cole." she muttered.

"You're pregnant?" he spluttered. So far so good.

"Yes." Mel squeaked, aw she's so cute. She's gonna be amazingly pretty when she's a few months along, I wanna touch her tummy. >.<

Cole walked over to Mel took her hands and pulled her in to a tight hug. "Cole you'll squish the baby!" I interrupted before clapping my hands over my mouth before I ruined their moment. Mel laughed and Cole shot me a glare that clearly said 'go away!'

I quickly retreated to the kitchen and picked up my celery that was on the floor and chucked it in the bin. I sighed, I knew Cole would be happy. I snuck upstairs sneaking a peek at Cole and Mel, they were still in the same position, kissing. I grinned and went up stairs to mine and Jakes room. He was sprawled out on the bed. I was so excited about the news that I couldn't keep it to myself, I had to tell Jake about Mel. "Jakey guess what?!" I screeched as I jumped on the bed, he was reading a magazine.

"What?!" he mocked my excitement.

I scrunched my nose. "Mel's having a baby!" I grinned.

"Really?" he cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah."

"Wow, that was quick." he chuckled to himself.

"You're a dork." I laughed.

"Come on let's go say congratulations." he said

We walked down stairs to see that Cole and Mel had moved to the couch. Jake cleared his throat. "Oh hey Jake." Mel grinned. Jake grinned back.

"So I hear that you guys are expecting." Jake said as we walked around the couch and sat opposite them to them on the other couch. Cole couldn't keep the smile off his face, it was kinda cute, he was holding Mel's hand, looked like he didn't want to let go.

I have a feeling Cole is about to become, either super protective or super clingy.

2 months later

"Coley can we go get some sushi?" Mel squeaked with a cute pouty look on her face. We were watching a movie. Mel has been experiencing a lot of strange cravings, this one was extra strange because it was one o'clock on the morning.

"Mel it's one o'clock on the morning!" I laughed.

"But I want sushi!" she complained, I laughed again and glanced at Cole who lookes like he was going to go crazy if this went on. Last night Mel sent him to Mc Donald's to get a thick shake.

"Jake we need some stuff for breakfast do you wanna go to the grocery store? We could pick up some stuff to make some sushi for Mel." I suggested before Cole imploded.

"Sure." he smiled knowing that it was for the sake of his best friend.

So we drove to the 24 hour grocery store and grabbed the things we needed and then went to get the sushi kit and the rice for Mel. "What do you think she'd like in it?" I asked as we walked the isles with not much clue.

"What about tuna?" Jake suggested.

"Ah you not just a pretty face." I cooed and leaned up to kiss him and grabbed a can of tuna from behind him. He chuckled and we headed to the check out.

We got home just before two and Mel was asleep on the couch. I laughed, I thought it was funny but I'm pretty sure Cole was finding it hard to cope. "Let her sleep on the couch Cole. Go to bed." I said and pushed him up the stairs. He nodded and mouthed 'thank you'. I put the groceries away and then headed up to bed myself, not before looking at Mel once more, she's really does have a cute baby bump, she's getting bigger every day. I'm not sure if it's the baby or the things she's bveen eating cause of the cravings.

I got up to my room and Jake was already in bed. "You'll be like that one day." he chuckled.

"Ugh I hope not! I hate to say it but she's getting hard to live with." I laughed.

"You're half way there baby ..." he chuckled. "you're already hard to live with." I fake gasped as I took off my clothes and slipped in to my p.j's.

"Jacob that wasn't very nice!" I frowned.

A few weeks down the track and Mel has started thinking about names for her baby. We all made lists, mine consisted of Addison, Marie, Jacob, James and Cole Junior. Jake had only come up with one name which was not very original, Bat Man. That made cole laugh, Mel was horrified and I thought it was a little bit funny. Cole wanted to name the baby Addison whether it was a girl or a boy, because Addison is a boys name too. Mel likes this idea, and they settled on Addison. I convinced them to use it as a middle name instead. So they are still undecided on a baby name, which is alright because they have plenty of time, she five months along now. Seems like it was flown.

Can't wait until baby Baker is here.