Part Fifty Nine, dust settles

59.

His arms dropped from around you, tilting his head back to flash a proud arrogant smirk...

...and that's when you'd just about had enough.

Over and over, playing with life and death might have been fun for him, but your whole body was shaking- both from adrenaline and shock.

The latter melted into anger the longer you stared wide eyed at the revived man and his 'I told you so' taunting expression.

He looked at you as if what you had gone through was akin to learning to swim in shallow water or ride a bike for the first time.

He looked at you like a child who had taken their first steps. Proud, but not an unexpected feat. A big fuss over nothing.

His own life was used against you, maybe not intentionally from the start, but in retrospect he had laid out his life in your hands to prove a fucking point.

He was way too sure of his own opinion.

There was no care or sympathy for the absolute wreck you'd made yourself, the emotional toil of the fact you KILLED someone with your quirk!

Fuck this.

You pulled your fist back and swung for his jaw, yelping when the skin of your knuckles split from the impact.

And for once... Just once... you weren't worried about consequences.

He definitely hadn't expected the hit, his head rocking to one side as he groaned, a red mark blooming in the imprint of your fist across his cheek.

You didn't dare to look at him as you got to your feet, pushing healing through the split skin of your knuckles before turning to the bruised Eijiro and Denki.

More casualties of Bakugos experiment on your quirk...

They stared shocked at you, unsure how to react to your hands glowing, fury radiating from you.

They tensed as you brushed your glowing hands across their arms, healing their bruises and fractures before marching off to the RV without saying anything, without breathing for fear of screaming if you gasped a single breath...

Stutters of words and calls for you to come back muted as you furiously slammed the door behind you.

"Asshole." You finally exhale, cursing under your breath as you found your bed and threw yourself into the blankets, burying yourself, attempting to vanish. If only you could...

You were no different to any of them now. Your quirk had changed, or was it always so volatile? Waiting under the surface so patiently for you to snap...

The evolution of your quirk didn't matter. What you did- the death you caused, no matter how brief- sat in your soul like rot.

The very last scrap of purity, the last drop of your innocence had been stolen the moment Bakugos heart stopped beating...

Outside the RV, the four men hadn't moved. Hadn't acknowledged that the bullet proof windows of the RV were heavily cracked as a result of your quirks explosion. They all hadn't quite taken in what had just happened regarding Bakugos face either...

Bakugo was the first to break the silence, rolling his eyes and standing up, rubbing at the spot where you'd managed to land a decent hit on him.

"Not what I was expecting..." He grumbled and Hantas face twisted into an expression that clearly said 'what the fuck?'.

"What DID you expect, Kats?" Eijiro scoffed, getting up off the ground and crossing his arms, eyes scanning carefully over the blonde to make sure he was definitely okay. Bakugo had died. Flat lined. Gone.