Part Sixteen, Moonlighting

Food was handed out, seats were taken, all while you were kept on your knees beside the boss.

From where you were sat, you could see Kaminari was the next closest to you, with Sero sitting on the same side but with an empty chair between them. If you had behaved, you assumed that chair was meant for you...

Over the edge of the table, you could see Kirishima sat at the right hand of Bakugo, his red eyes avoiding you just like all of them- pretending you didn't exist.

Izukus friends were on the same side  as Kiri, and Izuku himself took the opposite head of the table, his eyes occasionally flicking down to you, but not lingering. As if reminding himself you were there and suddenly not wanting to remember at all.

That was fine. You didn't mind that.

The floor was kinda comfy, it was nice to sit quietly.

What you did mind was the way Bakugo took a forkful of food before lowering it down to you, as if feeding table scraps to a dog under the table.

You weren't hungry enough for that...

"Open." He grumbled and you pressed your lips together in a tight line. A non verbal 'fuck you'.

His eyes narrowed and you swallowed, waiting for something bad to happen... But after a moment he simply sat up straight and brought the food to his own mouth, taking the bite for himself.

Huh.

A huff of amusement came from the other end of the table.

"Whats so funny?" Bakugo snapped, taking another bite.

"Nothing Kacchan." Izuku smiled innocently, his elbows on the table as he leaned his chin on the back of his folded hands.

"But maybe your new pet has distracted us as to why we're actually here, hm? As lovely as she is, and as wonderful as the dinner is..." He looks to Kirishima who grins back at the compliment. "I'm here for much more pressing issues."

"Then spit it out already, Deku..." Bakugo smirks, putting a strange emphasis on the nickname...

Wait.

You'd heard that name before...

Izuku grinned, pulling his wine glass closer to peer at Bakugo over the edge as he took a deep drink of it, keeping everyone on edge.

He finally set the empty glass down with an exhale, taking his time to let his eyes wander back up the table to Bakugo, hoping to see him squirm, just maybe a little.

"The hero commission want their money. There's only so long I can put it off with good word. You need to pay, Kacchan. Tonight."

Hero commission? Money?

"The number one hero can't even buy time anymore? Tch." Bakugo smirks, the threat in Izukus tone seemingly falling on deaf ears.

Number one hero?

...Deku.

That's where you'd heard that before.

Only in whispers and mutters at Dabis compound, a new pro hero. One to rival All Might. A pain in Dabis side.

That was Izuku?!

The number one was moonlighting as a gangster?!

"You're the number one hero?" You can't hold in the question, looking over the edge of the table with wide eyes and Izukus grin is almost enough to split his cheeks.

The others at the table either stiffen or seem surprised and you start to shrink back, pinning your tongue between your teeth.

Maybe if you bit it off you'd actually survive more than a day at a time...