Part Forty One, Emotional

A/N: comments brought you this chapter a whole day early! Enjoy some Kirishima roller coaster time!!

.
.
.

A sharp pinch in your thigh brought you back with a flood of cold bursting through your veins, relaxing your coiled and cramping muscles.

Your lungs twitch, making you cough as you wheeze and pant, desperate to take a deep breath while you bolt upright straight into a warm chest.

"Woah, I've got you. Just worry about breathing. Reinflate those lungs. Nerve gas can be a bitch, you're lucky I'm not a heavy sleeper baby... One more minute without an antidote and you'd have stopped breathing for good."

Nerve gas?!

You'd been walking around with NERVE GAS strapped to your neck?!

Your mouth was hanging open at the pure stupidity of it, eyebrows furrowed in a weird mix of relief and fury. Relief that you were alive and the collar was gone and absolute blinded fury at the very idea that you could have killed yourself by accident at any point! The collar broke so easily!

"Atta girl. Breathe. You need to keep calm. I can give you some Ket if you like? Slows your heart right down."

He was brushing his hardened fingertips through your hair, scratching them against your scalp in a succeeding effort to ground you a little. As much as you hated it.

"N-no thanks. To the ketamine..." You manage after your breathing starts to level out, but your words wobble slightly, your bottom lip quivering.

You couldn't help the child like sob that slipped out and found yourself immediately wrapped up in Kirishimas arms.

Why were you crying?! You couldn't control it, your emotions were all over the place as you sobbed loudly, almost wailing with your face buried into his shoulder, seeking any kind of comfort.

What the hell was wrong with you...?

Kirishima rocked the two of you back and forth gently, shushing you while he kept a hand stroking through your hair.

"Yeah, that's pretty normal. Let it out Baby girl. Been there, done that." He chuckles softly. "Stuff acts like a seizure trigger sometimes. And like a seizure, after all that muscle tension gets released, you just..." He taps your wet cheek to illustrate before wiping away a path of tears.

"I was a mess for hours. Kat had to just sit with me feeding me chocolate and beer till I got over it." He gives your body a slight squeeze, pulling you into his lap to completely cradle you, the pressure on your chest helping to regulate the hiccups you'd now developed through your sobs.

"Want some chocolate? It'll help stabilise your mood."

You shake your head with a sniffle and he laughs, scooping you up to stand with you held tight in his arms.

"Alright. Maybe later then. Let's get you some coffee instead."

He carries you to the kitchen, setting you down on the counter as he starts working around you, staying connected to you by some part of his body at all times. Needed to go to the other end of the counter? His hand was on your knee.

Needed something behind you with both hands? His legs were wedged between yours.

You should hate it. You should want to kick him away from you and spit at him... But you couldn't.

Every time he wasn't touching you, you felt like you'd crumble apart. You couldn't breathe unless he was paying close attention to you.

He'd jokingly called you clingy when you'd whined at the loss of his body warmth at one point and you'd burst into tears again.