Part Forty Six, Hold Me

You stirred in his arms, sighing softly against his chest as you slept soundly enough that he'd managed to move you to the bed and curl around you without waking you.

He was sure you were dreaming of something nice. Of SOMEONE nice, perhaps, because every now and then you'd sigh and smile ever so slightly.

Maybe he should let you sleep for longer... He liked the peaceful look on your face and a lot of your colour had returned to your cheeks now.

But his phonecall with Bakugo had been a tense one.

You both needed to go, your location had been compromised somehow. Some small part of his brain had suspicions on Shinso, but he wasn't a shit stirrer. He was in the middle, he didn't take sides just like his mentor.

He sighed, curling around you to breathe in the mixture of smells that made up you, knowing he shouldn't jump to conclusions... Not anymore, not after how many times he'd been wrong lately.

Yes, you were both followed or tracked somehow, but the only priority was getting back to the mansion, back to the others for safety.

Kirishima would happily fuck around with Dabi or Izuku by himself on a one on one, he liked those odds... But not at the same time.

Izuku, Dabi and the League? Suicide.

You grumble, muttering in your sleep and he pats your hair, shaking away the looming threat of war.

Whatever was happening behind the scenes with Dabi and Izuku was bad and threatened his family...

Threatened you...

You had become a very powerful piece on their game board now, you needed to be protected. You'd shown where you stood when you stopped Togas knife. You seemed affectionate with Sero, tolerant with Kaminari and slowly you were getting used to Kirishima, no matter the horrible things that had been done to you.

It made him wonder quite how far Dabis poor treatment of you had gone that you were getting comfortable around killers that had done disgusting things to you...

Well, 'comfortable' may be a strong word...

"...Keigo...?" You start to mumble, eyes peaking open, glossy and heavily dilated from coming out of a deep sleep.

Did you just say Keigo? The number two hero? Huh.

"It's Eijiro, sweetheart..." He cooes, deciding to file away that little tidbit for later in favour of shaking you gently.

Now that you were awake, he needed to get you both moving.

"We gotta go."

~

The car ride was silent. Your hands were left unbound as you stuffed them into your pullover hoodie pockets, hood up to hide your face.

The quirk collar was rubbing a little, but you paid it no attention. You gave nothing but the road ahead your concentration, strange feelings welling up inside you and threatening to spill over as tears as your mind started to wander.

You'd dreamed of Keigo. Of safe warm arms holding you through a thunderstorm raging outside your apartment. The sound of a coffee pot boiling. The smell of his feathers.

He didn't speak in the dream, he just held you and stroked your hair while you mentally prepared to get out of bed and start your day at work... An average day.

Then you woke up in Kirishimas arms with everything rushing back to you like a baseball bat smacking you in the gut.

You nearly died.