Part Fifty Three, Poker Face

You did not, in fact, enjoy the next few rounds...

As terrible as his poker face was, Bakugo knew when he'd win and when he'd lose, making tactical choices that didn't land him 'loosing' exacly. He used strategic retreats to maintain his clothing status as one by one, Kirishima, Sero and Denki were all practically nude and rather annoyed at Bakugos insistence on winning rather than just having fun with them.

On just mourning the loss of their home with them in the way they'd chosen to do so.

It didn't help that he nursed his drink either, keeping himself far more sober than the rest of you. Especially you.

When your bra had come off and you'd covered yourself with a pillow, your throat had tightened from fear that you'd be hurt again. Taken again, just like the bath.

Both of your abusers were right there within touching distance, it brought back memories and phantom touches...

You tried to clear your head. Remind yourself that Kirishima wasn't that evil and Bakugo was just broken inside.

You were going to be just fine sat here half nude.

But good things rarely happened when you were stripped down to nothing...

(Good things rarely happened to you while clothed either, if you were being completely honest with yourself...)

You went for liquid courage to keep your shoulders from trembling, but you still shivered now and then from the intrusive memories.

You felt the ripples of bath water around your centre, a cruel hand on your throat...

Sero had assumed your shudder was because you were cold, pulling you into his lap and wrapping his arms around you and the pillow that hid your body, his cards in view but he didn't seem to care. His hold helped ground you, remind you that you weren't in a bath. There was no hand on your throat.

You were in the arms of someone safe...

...well.

Kinda...

His buzz had come back with a vengeance and he was pressing his closed lips to your bare shoulder in shadows of kisses, not caring that Bakugo was occasionally sending him warning glares for his open affection towards you.

Shit.

He could get in trouble again...

You tried to wiggle off his lap but his arms braced harder around you, his closed lips opening to nip at your shoulder, right where it starts to meet your neck and again you shivered again, eyes going wide as you stiffened. Okay, he was definitely going to get in trouble!

You stare up at Bakugo, panic rising within you for Sero, but the blonde was studying his cards looking bored.

"Princess!" Kaminari drawled, laying down on his front with his legs kicking in the air behind him, his sudden voice startling you.

"You folding or are you in?"

You blink down at your cards.

Three jacks, two sevens.

A strong hand.

Your eyes flicked up, seeing that Bakugo was the only one still in the game, everyone else had folded.

This could be your chance to even the field. To feel some sense of control.

"I'm in."

A shadow of a smirk pushed at Bakugos face and you felt instant regret bubble up within you.