Forever and Always

En başından başla

Immediately, our former leader calms down and relaxes back down onto the bed, his hold on Thomas's shirt slipping away as his hand falls onto the cot.

Thomas, Newt and I back away from Alby. Newt looks over at Thomas to make sure he's alright before turning back to face the cot.

Silence falls over the six of us as we all pant to regain our breath. I run my hands through my hair before breaking the silence.

"Well that was fucking terrifying." Jeff gives me a small smile at my attempt to break the ice.

"I guess that worked." He says.

"Okay, from now on, someone stays here and watches him around the clock." Newt says, his voice cracking due to the intensity in his voice.

"By someone, I'm guessing you just mean us Medjacks?" I ask. Newt shoots me a glare. He's clearly not in much of a joking mood. "Got it. Aye aye, captain." I say quickly, trying to relieve some of the tension in the room.

"Hey." We hear behind us. The six of us all turn around to address the new voice in the room, seeing Gally standing in the doorway. He sends me a small smile before turning to Thomas, all seriousness back in his face. "Sundown, Greenie. Time to go."

Thomas nods, looking over at Newt. Newt just nods towards Gally, running a hand through his blonde hair.

Without another word, Gally and Thomas leave the Medhut.

🪐🪐🪐

"What are you doing?" Gally asks with a small laugh as he walks into my hut. I look up at him, a hair tie in between my teeth and my fingers brushing angrily through my hair.

"Trying to braid my fucking hair." I snap, grabbing the hair tie from my teeth and moving it instead to my wrist. 

"Having trouble?"

"No shit, Sherlock." I roll my eyes, attempting to French braid it once again. Gally just watches me with amused eyes as my fingers get tangled. I let out a frustrated scream, once again running my hands through the attempt at a braid.

"Need help?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. I scoff, looking away.

"Please. I can do it." I say. I try once again to braid my hair, but once again, I fail. With a sigh of reluctance, I turn to Gally, who's sitting on the bed with his chin in his hands, watching me with amusement.

I hold out the hair tie to him and he takes it, snapping it onto his wrist.

"Can you braid my hair?" I mutter, looking at the ground.

"I thought you could do it?" He questions, a glint shining in his eyes.

"I'm gonna kick you in the shins."

"Well that's not gonna make me wanna braid your hair."

"I'll unleash Bark on you."

"He can't do shit. He's a dog."

"We've discussed this before, Galpal. If he had arms, he would totally kick your ass. There's no question about it." 

"I happen to have a lot of questions about that, actually."

"Save 'em for another time." I say, running my hands through my hair again. "Can you braid my hair, please?" 

"I'd be honored." Gally replies with a smile. I turn around and sit cross-legged on the wooden floor, my back against his legs. Gally runs his fingers through my hair, brushing it through before he starts braiding.

After a few minutes, he ties the hair tie around the finished braid, pressing a kiss to my shoulder blade to let me know that he's done.

I turn around, a few small strands falling out of the braid as I do so.

"Thank you." I say, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"Anything for you, Ven." He replies. He eyes me up and down, taking in my appearance. "So this is why I never have clean clothes."

"Shut up. Your clothes are comfortable." I snap, my cheeks turning red as I climb under my blankets next to Gally. I watch him take off his shirt and slip on a pair of gray sweatpants, his back turned to me.

"Are you checking me out?" He asks, looking over his shoulder at me, a smirk on his face.

"Can't help it." I reply, not even bothering to hide my wandering eyes. He turns fully around and makes his way over to the bed where I'm sitting. "You just have such a killer body."

Gally rolls his eyes pressing his lips to mine as he sits down beside me. He presses his forehead against mine when he pulls away, a smile on his face.

"I'm yours, Ven. I'm forever yours." He says, his voice soft. I smile, brushing my nose against his.

"Right back at ya, Galpal." I reply. "I'm yours too. Always."

He wraps me in his arms before laying down, tangling our legs together. He head rests in the crook of my neck, arms wrapping around my torso. I smile, pressing occasional kisses to his head, inhaling the scent of his shampoo. My fingers run gently through his hair, massaging his scalp.

It doesn't take long for both of us to fall asleep with soft smiles on our faces, wrapped in the warmth of our own body heat.