Because She's Venus

Gally's pov-

There's something so beautiful about fire. The way the flames lick the air, creating a fiery dance as they sway in the wind. The light it gives off, an orange halo surrounding the people around the fire. The colors as they wind themselves towards the clouds, blending together in one perfect flame. The way it lights up her eyes-

No. I'm supposed to hate her. I'm supposed to shut her out. I'm supposed to be tough.

But how can I be tough when every time I'm around her, my walls crumble? How can I shut her out when all I want to do is let her in?

How can you hate the person who never treated you differently? How can you hate the person who actually takes the time to get to know you before making assumptions? How can you hate the one person who isn't afraid of you?

I can't hate her. I never could. She's the only one in this whole shucked up place that I can't find it in my heart to hate. Because she's Venus. 

Venus. The girl who somehow found her way into my heart. The girl who's broken down my walls without even knowing it. The girl who can never have a serious conversation. The girl who I absolutely can't stand. The girl who changed me. The girl who had a hold on me from day one. The girl who I'd do anything for just because she asked. Venus.

I don't know why I feel like this about her. I don't think I'm in love with her or any crazy shit like that, but something about her is different. Special. Unique.

She's beautiful. But I can't like her. I won't let myself. I won't let myself break down my walls for her any more than I already have. 

But god, is she beautiful.

And her eyes. 

Oh, her eyes.

Her gray eyes as intense as the thick clouds during a thunderstorm, but as calm and still as the ashes of a fire.

I could stare into her eyes for an eternity.

A/N~ I know this is a shorter chapter, but I promise there will be longer ones from Gally's pov. I just didn't have any more motivation for this chapter.