Is Gally a simp?? 🤔

I'm sitting on the steps to the meeting hut, making flower crowns to pass the time as well as avoid overthinking. I can't hear much except for muffled talking, but it's not enough for me to be able to understand what they're talking about.

I don't know how long they've been in there. I lost track of the time. All I can do is hope that Gally isn't being punished because he stood up for me.

The door opens behind me, the Keepers filing out of the hut. I shoot to my feet, nearly losing the flower crown on my head. 

"What happened?" I ask Newt when he walks out. 

"I can't tell you that, Venny. You know that." He says, looking down at me.

"Is it good or bad? At least tell me that. He's not getting banished or anything, right?"

"Right." Is all Newt says. I smile slightly. 

"Where is he?"

"Still inside. He might be talking to Alby, but you might still be able to sneak in there."

"Thanks, Amphibiboy!" I give the blonde boy a quick hug before rushing into the meeting hut, stopping when I see Alby. "Oh, uh, h-hey." I stutter, looking at the ground.

"You have five minutes." Alby says, patting Gally on the shoulder and glancing at me before walking out.

"I uh, I made this for you." I speak into the silence, holding out a bracelet made out of flowers. "It won't last, but I was bored. I needed something to do to keep my mind off of... this."

Gally motions for me to go to him, so I do, letting my feet carry me forward. He holds his arm out, so I take the opportunity to wrap the flower chain around his wrist and secure it.

"Thank you." He whispers. I look up at him, meeting his eyes.

"What's gonna happen to you?" I ask, my voice shaking slightly. "Newt said that you wouldn't be banished or anything."

"Nah, I just have to spend the rest of the night in the Slammer. Tate on the other hand has three."

"I'm sor-"

"Stop blaming yourself." Gally says, cutting me off. "You didn't do anything."

"I know, I just-"

"It's only a night, Ven. I've had worse."

"What is it with you and violence?" I ask after a long silence.

"What do you mean?"

"You just seem to like punching people for anything and everything. It's not worth it, plus you just get sent to the Slammer."

"At least they learn from their mistakes." He replies with a shrug.

"Yeah, but you have to spend the night in the Slammer now." I cross my arms and furrow my eyebrows. "Now who do I stargaze with?"

"There's always Bark." 

"I don't like the constant violence, Galpal."

"I've noticed." He replies with a grin. "That doesn't mean I'm gonna stop. Especially not if they're doing something to hurt you."

"I don't want you hitting people and then getting in trouble for it."

"So I'll be more careful next time." His eyes are playful as he speaks, a smile on his face.

"Or just don't hit anyone at all. That's always a suggestion."

"It's the boring one."

"Well, sometimes the boring choice is the right choice. It's the one that won't get you in trouble." I reply, shrugging.

"Nah, I think I'll stick to fighting."

"Go figure." I mutter as Alby walks in.

"Time to go, Gally." He says, a solemn expression on his face.

"Jeez, Alby. Who died?" I ask, earning a glare from him. "Okay then. See ya tomorrow, Galpal?"

"See ya tomorrow, Greenie." The Builder replies as Alby escorts him out.

Gally's POV~

"So, you and Venus?" Alby asks as we walk towards the Slammer. I'm stunned for a moment due to his question, stopping in my tracks. "Gally?"

"No." I reply shortly, snapping out of my daze. "No, we're just sorta friends."

Alby suppresses a smile, shaking his head.

"No you're not." He says, looking me dead in the eyes. "Friends don't look at each other that way."

"Slim it." I snap.

"I'm just sayin'. No need to get all hostile."

"Just open up the Slammer and leave me alone."

"Aye aye, captain." Alby says, opening the doors for me. I spin around on my heel so that I'm facing him.

"Don't say that. Only she can say that." Alby puts his hands up in the air, grinning at me. I jump down onto the stone floor of the Slammer, making myself comfortable in one of the corners.

"See ya later, loverboy." Alby says before walking away. He doesn't even give me a chance to yell at him for calling me that. 

I don't like her! Why does everyone think that I like her?! All we do is bicker.  We're just friends, if even that.

🪐🪐🪐

"Knock, knock." I hear her voice from outside of the Slammer, making me immediately pick my head up and go to the doors.

"Greenie?" I call out in a whisper. 

"Boo!" She whisper-yells, her face popping into view. "Y'know, you should really stop calling me that. It'll get confusing when the actual Greenie is around."

"He'll live." I shrug. I notice something in her hand, so I nod to it, asking, "What's that?"

"Oh this?" She asks, holding up a small package. "Just some food from dinner. I figured you might be hungry."

"You figured right." I reply, reaching through the bars and grabbing the package out of her hands. "Thanks for this."

She laughs as I take a huge bite out of the piece of chicken.

"Any time, Galpal." Silence. "So, one full night in here, huh? Better hope the ghosts don't come to kill you while you're sleeping."

"That's a cheery thought. Besides, I don't believe in ghosts."

"You don't?!"

I shake my head. "Never have, never will."

"That's just gonna make them want to kill you even more. You should be more careful about what you say." She shrugs.

"So you believe in them?" I ask, peering through the bars. I can barely see her face in the moonlight, but from what I can see, she's grinning at me.

"Maybe, maybe not. I guess we'll never know until we see one, will we?"

"I guess not."

"So, I guess I should go. I don't want Alby or Newt or anyone else to find out I was here. That'd be bad." She says, but there's a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Stay." I suggest, shrugging my shoulders.

"I can't, Wonder Boy. If anyone finds out that I was here-"

"Exactly. If. They won't know if we don't tell them." I can see her slight smile in the faint light. "Just stay for a bit longer."

"Okay, Galpal. I'll stay for a bit." She smiles at me. I smile back. 

This is the first time that I think that maybe Alby's right.