Gally looks mighty fine in blue🥵🥵

Venus's POV~

I roll out of bed the next morning exhausted. That's new for me. I'm usually wide awake and happy when I wake up, but today I'm more tired than I was when I went to sleep.

I had stayed with Gally longer than expected last night. By that, I mean the sun was about to come up by the time I left the Slammer. I don't really regret it. He asked me to stay, so I did. He wanted company. I don't blame him. The Slammer can get pretty boring when you have no one to talk to.

I trudge my way across the Glade for breakfast, my eyes half closed and my hair thrown into a messy bun on top of my head.

"Hey, Venus!" Ben shouts, beckoning me over to our usual picnic table. I make my way over slowly, barely even aware of where I'm going. "You alright?" He asks when I reach the table.

"Just great." I mumble, resting my head on the table and closing my eyes.

"What's wrong?" Minho asks as he sits down across from me.

"Just didn't sleep great." I reply with a yawn. I pick my head up, looking around. Nearly every Glader around us is staring at me, mumbling to each other about something. "The hell are they talking about?" 

"I think the poem." Ben mutters, suddenly interested in his empty plate. I snap my head over to him, wide awake now.

"How'd you know about that?"

"Because everyone's talking about it." Minho replies with a shrug.

"That was yesterday! Can't they just let it go?" I shout, throwing my hands in the air. Newt walks over to us, setting two trays of food down. "What's this?"

"Breakfast." He says, placing one tray in front of me. "You never got any."

"Oh, thanks Newton." I reply with a tight-lipped smile.

"Everything okay?" He asks, tilting his head.

"Nope. Everyone's talking about that stupid poem still." I run a hand over my face, closing my eyes. "It's so embarrassing."

"Just look on the bright side." Chuck pipes up, sitting down next to me. "At least now they know how talented you are. You don't have to hide it anymore."

"I liked hiding my poems, Chuck. At least I didn't get any attention from it." I mutter, fiddling with my fingers. "Now it's all people can talk about."

There's a silence between the group. I look around again, noticing Gally sitting with his friends at a table a little ways away. 

I feel my face heat up when he turns to look at me, meeting my eyes. I quickly snap my head away, waiting a few seconds before looking back. 

He's still looking.

I offer him a small smile which he returns before he gets nudged by one of his friends and breaks the eye contact.

Newt nudges me, causing me to snap out of my daze.

"Don't you think so, Venny?" He asks.

"What?"

"Doesn't it feel hotter today than normal?" Minho replies, wiping his forehead.

"Now that you mention it, it does. I wonder why." I shrug. I stand up, pushing my full tray of food away. "I'm not hungry."

"V, you have to-" Ben starts before I cut him off.

"I'll eat later. I need to go get dressed." With that, I walk away, leaving the group of boys all staring at each other in confusion. 

I walk into my hut, picking out a tight red shirt, black jean shorts, and lacing up my combat boots. The shirt turns out to be shorter than I usually wear, but it's hot today, so I'll just have to deal with it.

I fix my messy bun before walking out of my hut only to feel a wave of heat hit me. It somehow got ten times hotter than it was before in the short period of time I was in my hut.

I run over to Newt, a concerned look on my face.

"Why's it so fucking hot?" I gasp, wiping my forehead for what feels like the millionth time.

"I'm not sure, but we're gonna have to be careful out in the sun today. Make sure you're drinking lots of water."

"Okay, mom." I say with a grin. Newt just looks at me, a disappointed look on his face. "What, gonna pull the disappointment card on me? Send me to my room?"

Minho and Ben run over to us, grins on their faces.

"What the bloody hell are you two doing here?" Newt asks, looking at them in confusion.

"Day off." Minho says, biting into an apple.

"Alby said he didn't want us out there due to the heat." Ben adds. I barely hear him because just as he's saying that, I see Gally. 

"Holy fuck..." I whisper. Ben, Newt, and Minho all follow my gaze, looking at the Builder.

"What? He looks the same." Ben says. But he's wrong. Gally in fact, does not look the same.

"See the shirt?" I ask in disbelief.

"It's blue. It's plain blue, V." Minho replies, sounding bored of this conversation.

"Exactly. It's blue." I mutter, a small smile on my face. Gally's wearing blue. He's wearing a tight fitting blue t-shirt that hugs his muscles, causing his biceps to stand out more than usual. 

I can't believe how fucking attractive he looks.

"There's a reason I'm gay." Newt says, causing me to snap my head over to him. "Not for him, of course. He doesn't have a good personality."

"Yes he does!" I defend, looking back over at him. He's talking to his friends, a smile on his face. "He's nice."

"Only to you." Ben mutters.

"Now quit staring." Minho says, nudging me with his elbow.

"I'm not staring." I reply, tearing my eyes away from Gally.

"Yes you are. You're practically eye-shucking him right now." Newt grumbles.

"Speak for yourself! You check out every Greenie that comes up in the Box!" I shout, throwing my hands in the air.

"I do not!" He shouts back.

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"Do-" I start before Minho cuts me off.

"God, shut up! Don't you guys have anything better to do?!"

"Nope." I reply, crossing my arms.

"Unless you count staring at Gally." Newt grumbles under his breath. That makes Ben crack up, practically falling to the ground from his laughter. Minho lets out a snort. I on the other hand, punch Newt on the arm. 

The Trackhoe grabs his arm tightly, his face contorting in pain.

"What the shuck was that for?!" He shouts, his voice five octaves higher than normal. Minho and Ben both crack up even more. I just smirk, crossing my arms once more.

"Learn when to shut up next time." I snap, grinning up at him.