Ben 10 and Ven Ven

"And this is where the Bonfire will be." I say, sitting the Greenie down on a log a few feet away from the pile of logs and sticks that we'll use to start the fire.

"Wow." He breathes out as he stares at the massive pile of wood in front of us. "This is insane."

"I know,  right? It's really pretty when it's all lit up. I promise."

"I trust you." He says quietly. I feel my heart swell as I look down, his blue eyes sparkling with life. "Thanks for this."

"For what, buddy?"

"Making me feel welcome. The other guys here were being mean." He looks away and back towards the wood pile.

"You're welcome, kid." I reply, nudging his arm. He lets out a small laugh, covering his mouth with his hand.

As we sit, more boys begin walking over to us, forming their little groups and cliques. Chatter and laughter begins ringing out through the Glade, causing a smile to form on my face. I love Bonfire nights.

"Everybody ready?!" Alby shouts out, joined by the Keepers by the pile of wood. Cheers erupt through the Glade and I look over at the kid, watching the excitement growing on his face. "Light 'em up!" 

The Keepers throw flaming sticks into the pile, quickly stepping back as fire erupts into the night sky. I meet Gally's eyes, giving him a small smile, but before I can wave, the Greenie and I are sandwiched between Newt and Ben. Minho sits on the grass in front of us, joined by Chuck. Ben passes a jar of the familiar amber liquid to each of us except for Chuck and the Greenie. The Bonfire has officially begun.

"To the Greenie!" Minho shouts, raising his glass. We all join, our glasses of alcohol clinking against each other before we all take a sip in unison. The kid stifles a giggle at our behavior. I bump his shoulder, a grin on my face.

"How's your first day been, Greenie?" Newt asks, looking down at the young boy.

"Memorable, I guess." He replies, an evil grin spread across his face. He and Chuck both let out giggles before slapping their hands over their mouths to stifle the laughter.

"What the shuck kinda trouble did you two get into?" Ben asks with a smile. I grin at his word choice. We need to be careful about cursing in front of these two young boys. 

"Nothing that concerns you, Benny." Chuck replies, a glint in his eyes.

"Aw, c'mon, Chuckles! Remember when I gave you my cookie the other day? You owe me for that!" Ben says with a grin, raising his eyebrows at the curly haired boy. I see Chuck's cheeks go pink in the firelight.

"We pulled a harmless prank." He replies, but there's still a small smirk on his face when he meets the Greenie's eyes.

"And you didn't invite me?!" I ask, throwing my hands in the air. "What kind of nonsense is that?!"

"Well we were gonna, but when we went to your hut to see if you wanted to join, we heard gross noises, so we just let you be." He shrugs. It's my turn to go red. I take a big gulp of the alcohol in my hand, avoiding eye contact with my friends. I can feel all their stupid eyes on me and the stupid smirks they're giving me.

"So, everything's okay between you and Gally then?" Ben asks. I look up slowly and meet his eyes, a stupid smirk on his face.

"More than okay, Ben." Minho replies, smirking as well. Newt's eyebrows are raised high.

"Nothing happened!" I say loudly, staring at the liquid in the jar.

"Nothing, huh?" Newt asks.

"If by nothing, you mean shucking in your hut." Ben says, the smirk still on his face.