Chapter Twenty-Four: A Mafia Boss Can Cry Too

TW: Sensitive subjects will be brought up in the chapter.....

~

                It was a rare sight seeing the famous, Giovanni Milani with anyone on a date, let alone a beautiful black woman. Both were dressed in all black, mysterious and sexy as they sat across from each other at the restaurant table.

Giovanni had booked a secluded dinner table towards the back so they had their privacy. They giggled and laughed and talked about their life, getting to know one another. No one could question the couple as Gio would glare at anyone who stared and they'd scurry away as if someone lit a fire under their butt.

Every woman in the high-end restaurant witnessed the sight and wished they were the ones in Jordan's spot—having dinner with the well-known bachelor, Giovanni Milani who was now no longer a bachelor but taken and in a relationship. Funnily enough, every man ogled Jordan's rare beauty and were too jealous that they weren't Giovanni. Their infectious energy rustled throughout the Italian restaurant and everyone could feel it. Everyone wanted to know who was making the cold mafia man turn warm. If only they knew it was just three beautiful girls—his two daughters and their mother, Jordan.

"An octopus of all things?" Gio laughed. It took a while before he could catch his breath.

Jordan had told Giovanni the story of why Bellamy is scared to go into the ocean because of a book Jordan had bought her about sea animals with fun facts in it. Bellamy had learned how octopuses could climb through small cracks and somehow Bellamy came to the conclusion that she's never going inside the ocean because she's scared an octopus might climb inside her butt.

"I guess her fear is valid but this is honestly hilarious." He puffed out with a tired smile from all the laughing. "Now I for sure know the answer to what I'm about to ask you next." He shook his head.

"What are you about to ask?" Jordan smiled curiously as she took another bite of her shrimp alfredo that she ordered earlier.

"My um- my sister planned a beach day tomorrow with the family and my mother wanted to know if Bellamy, Bay, and you could come. You know a way to meet the family and stuff." Gio shrugged almost shyly. "It's fine if-

"We'll go." Jordan cut Gio off, giving him a smile. "I think it's time for the girls to meet their family. Bell might be on edge though, considering I haven't really given her a heads up." Jordan responded.

"Will she be okay? I don't want her to go if it might trigger her in some way." Gio spoke concerned. Jordan grinned at the fact that he cared for their daughter so much. It really melted her heart.

"She'll be fine Gio. Even though she's scared of the ocean, she loves the sand so she'll be fine. It should be a fun day tomorrow." Jordan reassured him.

"Okay good." Gio sighed happily before he finished off his salad.

"So who will be there?" Jordan asked, taking a sip of the expensive red wine from her fancy champagne glass.