Chapter Fifteen: Late Night Conversations

~

~

                  Jordan just left the kitchen with Bellamy and Bay, putting them to bed. I started collecting all the dishes from the dining table and began washing each dirty dish then putting them on the drying rack.

As I was doing dishes, I couldn't help but think about the woman that my kids call mom—also known as Jordan. She has raised my kids very well so far and it's even more believable but also unbelievable that she's done it on her own. I commend her for being such a strong woman, taking in and adopting two kids by herself as well as raising them to be such respectable and good-mannered kids.

I've already missed out on so much but I try not to think about it because right now is what matters more. I'm trying so hard to catch up on lost time and make the most of the time I get to spend with them. Now that I have my girls, not a damn person can stop me from seeing them. I will forever be there for my girls and that's a promise.

Everything I observed about them today, just small little mannerisms that they hold make me smile harder. Even the way Bellamy and Bay interact together makes me mesmerized because Bellamy could simply give Bay a look that would mean nothing to me but to Bay it was like she was reading her mind, understanding what she was telling her. I mean obviously they're twins and would have a close connection but it's like they're truly on a whole other level even though they are absolutely nothing alike personality wise.

Bellamy is pickier about things and prefers to do things a certain way. She is undoubtedly the quiet, sensible one, whereas Bay is much more outgoing and free-spirited. In the beginning of trying to play with the twins, Bellamy initially refused to play with Bay and I. She preferred to play alone, arranging her blocks in a specific pattern before putting them away and repeating the process. Bay didn't even seem bothered by it, it was as if they did this all the time, played separately.

To be honest it kind of concerned me because that's not how I would've imagined a five year little girl would typically play, especially after observing her sister Bay. Bay just wanted to play with the barbies in the barbie doll house, which is normal to me but a lot of things that Bellamy does has me questioning why she does things in not a 'normal' way. Even though they are extremely different from one another, you can tell that they love each other deeply. That's why I tried so hard to get them to play together with me. It took a while to convince Bell but she ended up following Bay and I's lead and we had fun playing with the barbie dolls while also switching and playing with the blocks together. Bay seemed as if she was on cloud nine, playing with her sister, it seemed like for the first time in a long time. You could tell Bell was also very happy by the way her eyes were squinted as she smiled in happiness and did happy little rocks, swaying her body back and forth.

Every time I look at them, I can't believe they're mine. My girls, my daughters, my little princesses. How is it possible such pure souls are mine and that I finally found them?