Chapter Twenty-Three: The Art Museum

~

~

            My heart was racing in nervousness. Today's Gio and I's first date and I just got off of work. I told my mom about the date a couple of days ago and she offered to watch the kids for me at my house. My mom had her own room at my house so she is just going to spend the night instead of driving back home late at night. She even insisted on picking the kids up from school and then taking them to the park, lunch, and some other places to keep them occupied throughout the day. That way I had a kid-free house to get ready in.

It's currently 3:30 PM and Gio said he was picking me up at 6:00 PM so I only had two and a half hours to get ready. I had already texted Gio earlier to see what occasion I should dress for and he told me something nice and fancy. Before I could pick an outfit out I needed to take an everything shower, if you know you know.

I decided I would straighten my hair, so I made sure to wash, condition, and deep condition my hair. I exfoliated, shaved and washed my entire body. Not forgetting to do my skincare routine. When I got out of the shower, I moisturized my whole body with a shea butter lotion that's infused with almond oil, vanilla, and coconut. It was 4:32 PM by this point.

I then prepped my hair by spraying a heat protectant product on it and then blow drying it. Luckily it went faster than I thought it would, time was on my side today. Lastly, I straightened it with a flat iron, making sure to only take one or two passes maximum since I didn't want to damage my hair. Once I finished styling it, I did a natural light makeup look that focused mainly on my eyes, lips, and cheeks.

After approving the way I looked in the mirror. I searched for a dress in my walk-in closet and found a simple long black dress that hugged my figure in all the right places. Although it was long sleeved, it flatteringly exposed my shoulders with an off the shoulders look. I finished off my look with a diamond bracelet on my left wrist, along with a couple stackable necklaces and rings and a set of big diamond stud earrings. My mother gave me a brand-new pair of Jimmy Choo shoes for my birthday last year, so I wore them to match my ensemble.

I looked at myself once more in my body mirror. I did a few touch ups like adding lips gloss and fixing my edges before I approved my overall look and grabbed my purse, heading downstairs ready to go.

It was around five minutes later when I finally heard the doorbell go off.

Ding Dong

The butterflies in my stomach began to flutter and my breath began to quicken in anticipation as I headed towards the door. As soon as I opened it, I was greeted with a beautiful Italian specimen of a man. I quickly looked behind him and saw that he rolled up in a refined black tesla with a red interior inside.

"Ms. Jenson." He greeted me with a smile and a bouquet of daffodils. 'How did he know those were my favorite?' I thought to myself as I blushed at his gesture.