Chapter Seventeen: Why Didn't You Tell Me?

Continued.....

Continued

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

~

           "I-Is everything okay?" Giovanni's sister concernedly asked as we stood outside her classroom.

I sighed.

"Everything's okay. Just a rough morning." I smiled politely.

"Okay well, if you ever need anything and I mean anything. You can always call my brother or I. We'll always help, I know how hard it is being a single mother." She expressed. I tilted my head a little surprised at the fact that she was insinuating she was or is a single mother as well. After seeing the confusion expressed on my face, she explained herself, which she didn't have to do but did anyway and I appreciated that gesture.

"Vittoria's dad passed but it wasn't really sad. He wasn't a good man. I ended falling in love after all the drama and my now husband is all Vittoria knows so she calls him papá [dad]." She explained herself as she opened up to me.

"I appreciate you telling me that. It must've been hard." I said as I gave a small smile after sighing again. I figured since she opened up to me that I should do the same. She's the girl's aunt after all and I want us to have a good relationship as well. "Bellamy has Level One autism." I finally outed.

She gave the most caring smile I have ever seen. "I know." She said simply with full knowledge.

I tilted my head. "How?" I asked.

She chuckled softly. "Well I am a teacher and she is my student. She does also exhibit signs, they're subtle and you really have to pay attention but they're there. They also put it in her files when she was accepted into this school so it's on her record for me and every other important person in this school to know." She explained as I nodded along.

"I should've guessed." I chuckled softly.

"Does my brother know?" She asked hesitantly.

I shook my head. "No, I-I'm afraid he'll treat her differently." I expressed my fear.

"I promise you that he's not that type of person. Even though he does what he does for a living, it's not the real him. He loves that little girl, he could never treat her any differently than what he does now." She tried to reassure me.

"I'll take your word for it. I plan on telling him soon, he's already had his suspicions, I just have to get over myself." I chuckled at the last part.

She smiled again. "Well I hope she feels better tomorrow. I sadly have to go back to class but I would love for you and I to get together and hangout and maybe the girls and Vittoria could have a playdate?" She hopefully asked. 

I returned her smile, "For sure, I'm not opposed, just get my number from Gio and we'll figure things out from there." I agreed easily.

Gio's sister smiled big before giving me a small hug goodbye even though it was a bit hard with a sleeping Bellamy in my arms.

Double The Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें