Chapter: 63

One month has passed since they scarred me for a lifetime. I can't wait any longer for the right time. Instead, I'm going to make the time right for me. I remember every minute of that night, so I will make sure to make them repay for every minute of my life. Every tear of my life.

"Where are we going?" Jihoon asks softly. My heart shrinks every time I see his innocent face or hear his soft voice. It shatters my heart to know that because of some crazy ritual, a pure soul had to lose his family.

"We're going to the village, honey," I answer, smiling.

"Are Mamma and Papà there?"

I gulp. "We'll be with them soon, sweetie."

"Why don't they call me? Don't they miss me?" He pouts sadly.

"No, no, Jihoon. They miss you a lot. They're just really busy."

"When are they coming back?"

"Soon. You just need to take care of Taewon," I look at my daughter, who's sleeping soundly in Jihoon's arms without a care of this world. "You can do that, right?"

He smiles instantly. "Yes, I love taking care of her."

I smile and then shift my gaze at the street again. The sun is about to set, and I hope to reach the village before the sunset. I look here and there to see if there's any danger coming on our way.

I drive for another five minutes before the truck stops. I tsk when I understand that the truck has run out of diesel. I curse my luck. I have no other option but to walk there, but the problem is I don't know how long Jihoon can walk.

"Jihoonie, we must walk now. Can you do that?"

"Yes, Jihoon is a strong baby," he says enthusiastically.

I get down the truck, then open the other side's door, take Taewon, and help Jihoon to get down. I take Jihoon's petite hand and start walking. I hope to make it before the sunset.

After walking for another five minutes, Taewon starts to cry because of hunger. I look around the place and find a big tree there.

"Jihoon, let's go there." I take his hand and go there, under the tree. I sit down, facing the tree while Jihoon is looking at the street that is empty completely. I start to feed my baby and then look at the sky. The sun has slowly set down, giving the sky a mixure of red, orange, purple, and magenta colors.

I wanted to reach the village before sunset, but again, the luck wasn't on my side. Taehyung, I hope you're fine wherever you are. I hope we meet again to reunite the broken hearts and souls within us and start a new journey. I hope you still love me like I do.

My desperation for my mate turns into fright when I hear a car's sound. It stops next to the tree where we are. I grab Jihoon by his waist as we are completely vulnerable at the moment. I want to cover Jihoon's eyes for not to let him see their vicious faces, but I can't move my body.

"Hyung..." The tension that was built up comes down crushing with the wave of relief when I hear the voice. Wooyoung. I abruptly turn my head, and here he is.

His eyes seem that they've longed to see me. That's why they're relieved to have me in front of them. I get up as he runs out from the car, and then he grabs me in a loving embrace, I melt in his arms, sobbing quietly as my daughter is still drinking milk. It's been so long since I've felt such a warmth and gentle hug from someone.

I miss my parents now. I don't know what they are doing. I'm sure they're dead concerned about me.

"It's okay, hyung. Everything's gonna be fine," he soothes me, rubbing my back softly.