Chapter: 4

Time flies before anyone can notice it. It's already two months that I'm working as Mr. Kim Taehyung's secretary. In a nutshell, I really like working here, I have made lots of friends here and Chaeyoung is my best friend. It's great to have one as I never had one before. We always spend together when we're free, sometimes, at weekends, we decide to hang out and such. In our conversation, her main topic is her crush; Lalisa Manoban. Talking about her, she also asks me about my crush; Kim Taehyung. I obviously tell her that there's nothing serious about my small crush. That's all.

But there is something: I don't know why, but Mr. Kim has asked me several time in these two months that if I still like working here as his secretary, and he even asked lots of things about my personal life: he asked me who my parents are, what are their profession, how is my relation with them, and he even asked me if I was in any relationship. Why the hell is he so interested in my personal life? And moreover, I've heard that he rarely speaks to any employee, so why does he bother to speak to me.

Anyway, leaving this aside, I find myself good here. Currently, I'm preparing the office reports alone in the cabin. It's very strange to work in this silence as it is the first time Mr. Kim is not here with me. He's a very punctual man; I've never seen him arriving late since I started to work here. Will he not come today?

Thinking about Mr. Kim, I've just finished preparing the reports, and it's the lunch time. I still have to prepare Mr. Kim's schedule for next week, but I can do that after lunch. I take my phone and go to the canteen area where there are already people enjoying their meals. In these two months, I didn't show up every day at the canteen because Mr. Kim would order for both of us often.

Since he's not present today, I'll enjoy eating in the canteen. I go and buy a big cheeseburger, french fries and a can of coke. Then, I find myself a table near the window and place myself there.

An employee smiles and waves at me formally, which I return genuinely. I look back at my food again, my stomach starts growling from the smell, and I take a mouthful bite of the cheese burger. I moan at the exquisite taste that has just blasted in my mouth.

"You're really enjoying it, Kookie." I look at the voice owner, which I know who this is.

"Yep," I mumble with the food still in my mouth as I'm munching it. "Have a seat."

She sits opposite me with a tray filled with foods. She has two big slices of pizza and two can of coke. In these two months, I learned how much of a foodie is she; she is really going to eat them.

"So...?" She starts after taking a bite from the pizza. "How are you doing?"

"All good. You?"

"Everything is just fine."

"Good. And your crush?" She immediately blushes, hides the small smile lingering on her mouth with her hand, and looks away for some seconds before turning to me.

"I think she's good, but I'll be able to give you more info if I become her wife."

We laugh at her words.

"Seriously, Chaeng, you're awesome."

"I know," she replies, flipping her blonde hair.

"Hey, by the way, do you know why Mr. Kim is absent?" I ask.

She gulps her food before she quietly answers: "Don't you know what happened?"

I shake my head.

"Well, I heard that yesterday, he went to Park Bogum's party and there he got drunk."

"And...?"

"And," she looks her surroundings before leaning her body up on the table. "There's a rumor that he slept with Park Bogum's girlfriend," she whispers, loud enough for me to hear her. "And more messed up thing is that Park Bogum is his high school best friend."

I feel terrible hearing this. How can Mr. Kim betray his best friend? I, unfortunately, feel a sting in my heart as I've been crushing over him since day one. I've heard that he's a playboy but I didn't believe in it since I've never seen him with any girl. I look at my half eaten burger as I lose my appetite, I open the can of coke and drink from it.

"Hey, why are you not eating?" Chaeyoung asks.

"Uh... just not feeling that hungry," I answer her genuinely.

She nods her head, "Understandable, I mean if I listen these shits about my crush, I'll be upset too, but that isn't an excuse for not eating food, Kookie. The food is innocent here, so don't punish it on behalf of someone else."

She's really genius that she's able to understand why I am being like this, why I shouldn't stop eating. I laugh and restart eating my cheeseburger.

After some time, I remember something to ask her. "Chaeng, have you looked for any apartments for me?"

She gulps her last bit of pizza before answering: "I almost forgot to tell you that I found an apartment, and that's also near me."

"Really?  Where to be exact?"

"Do you remember the building next to mine?" I nod as I remember the time she invited me to her apartment. She lives in a twelve story building, and her apartment is on the 6th floor.

"Two days ago, I found out that two apartments on that building are free. I wanted to tell you, but then I forgot. They're still available, so tell me if you're interested."

I've already had a talk with my parents about it; at first, they were hesitant and unhappy about the decision, but later, they understood that it's time for me to stand on my own feet and be myself.

"Okay, just let me talk to my parents first."

"Sure."

Soon, the lunch break comes to an end. I make my way to the cabin, all while thinking about Mr. Kim and his hookup. It shouldn't be bothering me, but since I have admitted to myself that I may have a tiny crush on him, it feels so heartbreaking hearing he's with someone else.

Nonetheless, I try to shake the thought off because Mr. Kim is a grown ass man and an Alpha, too. He will have multiple couples, and it is natural for Alphas.

In front of the cabin door, I take a huge breath to clean my thoughts and to prepare myself to finish my work before opening the door.

——
Hope you enjoyed the chapter 💕 😊

⚫️What do you think about Mr. Kim's betrayal?