Chapter: 3

It's already six o'clock in the evening. By the time I finished my work, it was already half past five, and now, I'm waiting at the bus stop for my bus to come. I can't wait to go home. My home is very far away from Kim Enterprise, so it will take about one hour to get home.

"Hey, Jungkook!" Someone calls my name, and I look at the direction of the voice. I smile as I see Chaeyoung–ssi stop her car right in front of me.

"Hello, Chaeyoung–ssi."

"Waiting for the bus?" She asks, and I nod.

"The sun is setting down; the night will fall in no time. Why don't you hop in the car?"

I get happy at her nice gesture. "It's so noble of you, Chaeyoung–ssi, but I can wait."

"Oh, come on, Jungkook. Get in the car, and beside, I don't think any bus will come any soon," she insists. I look at my left to see no bus, and the night will also fall soon, so I give in.

I get in the passenger seat, and then I put my seat belt on. "Thank you for it."

"Never mind, Jungkook," she replies while starting the engine again.

As she drives, I lean back on the seat, watching outside, smiling to myself. I feel very content today.

"Hey, Jungkook." Chaeyoung–ssi's voice makes me turn at her, and I fix my position.

"Y–yes? Is there something wrong, Chaeyoung–ssi?" I ask.

"No, I just wanna know where you live, and please, stop with this way of calling me." She looks at me, "we're friends now, so drop this formality." Smiling, she turns her attention to the road again.

"Okay."

Some minutes passed after I gave her my address when she again called me.

"Jungkook, don't mind it, but I think you should move out of your parents' house and live here, near the company."

I raise an eyebrow at her as to why she is saying it.

"Why? Is there any problem?"

"Oh, no, no. Not at all. I'm just saying this because, you see, you live very far away from here, and you must wake up very early to come at the company, and also you when your works finish, it's already evening. So I thought it would be great if you lived near the company."

I am heedful of her words, and yes, she has a point. I woke up very early today just to be at the right time in the company, and I heard that the CEO wants his employees to be punctual always. Well... I don't think I can always be punctual if I live this far from here, plus the bus doesn't always come in time.

"You're right. Let me see what I can do."

"Sure."

I must talk to my parents about it, but I don't think they will take it lightly; well, I'm their baby. But still, I will talk to them some days later.

"Hey," I call her when I remember about Ms. Manoban today. "Your crush came to the CEO's office today. Did you see her?"

"Yes, I did," she answers, smiling. "I was on the reception when she and boss were heading out somewhere."

"I heard that she wanted to talk about something business related."

"I only see her once in a while," she says with a cute pout on her lips. "And can't take my eyes off of her when I do, but she doesn't even notice me once," she whines. Her story is so sad that it's funny. Poor her!

"Is there a chance that she might like you back?"

"I hope so, I always dress pretty, I always look beautiful and I always smell nice. Why doesn't that Alpha notice me."

"Well... keep trying. Who knows, maybe one day, she might notice you." I try to boost her hope up.

She hums in response before asking: "What about you?" She looks at me. "Do you have any crush?" Grinning, she looks back at the road.

I blush at the question and look at my finger. Am I supposed to tell her that I have a crush on the CEO? Will she consider me weird? Or will she be fine?

"Uwu... your blushy cheeks tell me that you have a crush." She notices my faces through the rear-view mirror.

I blush more.

"Let me guess... is it Mr. Kim Taehyung?" She asks playfully, and I stay quiet.

She laughs as she understands the answer.

"You're so cute, Jungkook, and that man looks so mean. Well... opposite attracts."

"But it's nothing serious, just a small crush," I say, not wanting her to think I'm head over heels for a man I met today.

"Of course, although you two would look beautiful together, I don't think he's the right one for you," she comments.

I furrow my brows, "why so?"

"You know, like I said earlier today that he's extremely rude, and I've seen him multiple times with lots of Omegas and Betas. He doesn't keep someone for too long," she explains. I feel very uneasy hearing that because I'm crushing over someone like that guy. Ew...

"Why does he do that? Doesn't he believe that Moon Goddess has made someone for him?"

"Who knows what goes on his mind."

Then, another question comes to my mind. "Hey, what about Ms. Manoban?"

I see her cheeks getting pink, and she smiles, still focusing on the road.

"Well, she's a very charismatic lady. She did date before me joining the company, but now, she's single. And yeah, even though she and Mr. Kim Taehyung are friends, she doesn't play around with multiple people."

I smile as she talks more about her crush. It seems like she notices even the smallest detail of Ms. Manoban.

"Can it be possible that she's actually your fated mate?"

She looks at me, smiling fondly, "My inner wolf really hopes it."

After freshening up, I sit on the dining table with my parents. I begin to tell everything that has happened today, and they've also shown curiosity on what am I saying.

I'm really glad to have them as my best friend.

"I always knew that you have the talent to do everything. You're my golden boy," my mom praises, and I get shy.

"I know," I answer, dramatically tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

We laugh and exchange some other words of conversation.

"Um... appa, eomma, I have something to tell you."

"Yes, go on," my appa says.

"Erm... what would you say if I ask your permission to move out?"

They look at me questioningly before looking at each other as if they're having a mental conversation.

"Koo," my mom calls me. "Do you want to move out?"

I fidget with my stick. "Not now, but I think in one point, I have to," I answer them truthfully.

My mom places her hand on top of mine and smiles warmly.

"We will support your decision, baby."

"Yes, sweetheart," my father says. "If you decide to move out, that means you're capable of taking care of yourself, and that's great. We want nothing but for you to be strong enough to face all the hardship."

I get very emotional hearimg my appa's speech. I truly am so lucky to have the best parents in the world. I get up from my chair and hug my father.

"I love you, appa. Very much."

"Me too, son."

"What about me?" My mom fakes a pout.

I blow her a kiss and say, "I love you, my dear eomma."

"And I love you, my dear Jungkookie."

——

Hope you enjoyed the chapter 💕

⚫️Do you think you're capable of living on your own?