Chapter: 54

I moan loudly as Taehyung keeps his gentle thrusts steady. It feels amazing having him inside me, making love after a hectic day, though Taehyung is the one who does most of the chores. Even if I do small chores like making the bed in the morning, I seriously feel very exhausted as if I have cleaned ten rooms without a break.

He kisses me passionately, making me completely go nuts. I scream as he hits my sweet spots. Tears toll down from my eyes as I come instantly, and he follows me. He pulls out of me and gets a towel to clean the mess. I feel extremely exhausted, so I let him clean me. Then, he comes and joins me in the bed, spooning me from behind. I close my eyes as his warmth engulfs me and drifts into sleep, hoping not to get any sleep paralysis tonight.

I wake up when I don't feel Taehyung beside me. I raise my head and squint my eyes as my vision is still blurry. I placed my hand on the place he was lying and put my weight on the other one's elbow. The pale moonlight coming from the glass window is touching the room, making it visible as my vision is also getting better. I look around, but he's not in the room.

Is he in the bathroom? I slowly get off the bed, put my slippers on and a hoodie, and go outside the room to check the bathroom. The bathroom is empty. My worries begin to rise, but I try to stay calm as I have yet to check the entire house.

"Tae," I call for him, but I get no response. I walk downstairs, checking him everywhere, but there's no sign of Taehyung even here. My heart starts to pump faster as my concerns for my mate rise up. Where can he at this hour at night?

The main door of the house crack opens due to wind, making a creepy sound. I look behind and realize that the main door is not completely closed. Have Taehyung gone outside?

Worried for my mate, I go outside. The chilly weather of early February kisses me as I step outside. The farmhouse gets very cold at night, but outside is even cooler. I wrap my hands around my belly and call for Taehyung. I searched our porch but couldn't find him so I could go to look for him in the backyard of the house. Our front yard is surrounded by a wooden fence but not in the backyard. I get very spooked because the forest looks thick in the daytime, but it looks even thicker and very dark.

I walk slowly, trying to suppress the sound of my walking as much as possible. When I get inside the forest, I gulp in fear because the trees that surround me look even bigger than before. Is it a cursed forest or what?

Out of the blue, I hear a rustling sound. I quickly hide behind a tree and look around. Then, my eyes fall on a tall, manly figure who is standing next to a big tree.

Taehyung.

I can tell it's him only seeing his back. He's standing there like a statue, and since I'm behind him, I'm unable to see his facial expression. But anyway, a wave of relief flows to me, and I let out a breath that I didn't know that I was holding all this time.

Just as I'm about to call for him, I hear something. It is as if someone has stepped on a twig, and it seems like the sound came from the place Taehyung is at. I looked around to make sure no one was there when, for a split second, I saw a finger traced Taehyung's cheek. What is happening?

I don't know why, but a sudden sense of rage runs through me, and I go to him. When I approach him, I see no one before him, but where did that finger come from? I tap Taehyung's shoulder, but he doesn't move. Confused, I walk in front of him. Taehyung has an impassive expression. His eyes dart in one place and not move. It's as if Taehyung is not in his right state of mind.

Is he sleepwalking?

I've known him for a year now, but never has he ever sleepwalked for once, or at least I've never seen him sleepwalking. I take his hand and begin to walk toward the house, and to my surprise, Taehyung follows me without saying anything, which clearly indicates that he is, in fact, sleepwalking.

My heart finally relaxes as we come inside the house. I lock the door and take him to our room. I lie him down and close his eyes as it's very creepy that he sleeps with eyes open.

I lie beside him, but I'm unable to sleep now that my drowsy state has gone. I just lie down on my back, thinking deeply about what has just occurred. I think I need to call Jimin hyung to learn if he ever had a sleepwalking problem.

Another thing that bothers me is that finger. What I saw there was that even real? Or just my imagination again? Why am I always imagining things like this? I've never had any problems like this before.

The other thing that bothers me is that twig breaking sound. Taehyung wasn't moving, which means there was somebody else for sure. Can it be possible that they are keeping an eye on us? The thought makes me sweat, knowing someone is stalking you.

I sigh, getting up. I feel thirsty, so I go downstairs. I pour myself a glass of water and start to drink. The water in my mouth doesn't go down the throat as I see outside through the glass window. The window also faces the forest as it is exactly down the small creepy room upstairs.

I see six people there. They are all dressed in a black cloak, covering themselves from head to toes. Even their faces are covered. Just like the man I saw the other day from upstairs. I watch them as they enter the forest. They don't feel like normal people; why would any normal people go to the forest at this hour? Horror rises up within me as I dread that there will be something happening very soon that will not be pleasant for us.

——

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter 💕

⚫️What would you do if you were in JK's position?

⚫️What do you think of sleepwalking?

Let me know your opinions about the chapter

XOXO 😘