Chapter: 6

"You did very good, Jeon Jungkook," compliments an employee, and I blush. This entire week was very stressful due to this party organizations' responsibility on my shoulder. I must admit that I didn't get much sleep, neither did I have much time to spend with my parents.

Anyway, the party organizations seem to be adored by everyone, and I'm glad. When I talked about the budget with Mr. Kim, he said not to worry about money and to spend as much needed. I've selected the most expensive hotel in Seoul, with sparkling decorations. The hotels interior is massive and of color golden, adding the decorations, the place looks like that it is made with pure gold.

But my most difficult task was inviting people: I've never been a phone‐call person because my anxiety is a bitch. I'd rather text anyone, talking in phone is not my thing. So talking to secretaries was the most hard task of all.

"Kookie," Chaeyoung calls me and turn toward her. "You were outstanding!" We share a warm hug.

"Thank you, Chaeng. I'm so happy that people like it so much," I chirp excitedly.

"Of course they like it, after all, you're the one who organized it. And you're a perfectionist."

I grin widely ar her compliment. "Stop praising," I react dramatically and we both laugh.

"But really, I'm sorry that I couldn't help you with anything. I was emerged with work."

"It's okay, Chae. I can understand." I pat her shoulder.

"You're so cute, Jungkookie." She leans up yo kiss my cheek and I am quick to return it. It's very common between two Omegas to be that affectionate, especially if they are best friends.

"Hello, Mr. Jeon." My heart drops in my stomach upon hearing my name from his mouth. My mouth goes dry as I turn toward him and see him standing with his signature smirk, and next to him there is Miss Manoban.

Me and are Chaeyoung are quick to bow down. "Good evening," we greet them simultaneously.

"Good evening to you too," Miss Manoban greets back. "I see you two are good friends."

I smiles nervously, "yeah, we have become good friends during this time."

"Hmm... it's great to have friends," Mr. Kim comments. "In the end of the day, you have someone to share your feelings."

Me and Chaeyoung don't say anything else, we just nods our head in agreement. It's kinda weird for me to hear something like this coming out of his mouth, since he's been described like a person who doesn't like to show his true feelings.

"You two are looking very beautiful, I must admit," Miss Manoban makes a fluttering remark, and I can see Chaeyoung's rosy cheeks.

"Th-thank you, Miss Manoban," Chaeyoung stammers. "You are a-also looking gorgeous. I mean both of y-you."

"Thank you," Mr. Kim replies before looking back at me. "You're shining like a star, Jeon. I wonder what your secret is."

My secret? He's the one who's very secretive. But that's aside. His words have made my heartbeats go crazy that if he hears them, he would probably laugh. My cheeks shade scarlet and I look down. Damn! This man definitely has the power to make me weak on my knees, and I kinda don't mind it.

"C'mon, Tae. You're making the little Omega flustered," Miss Manoban states laughingly.

"He really deserves the compliment, Lisa."

"Mm... You're right. Anyway, how about we go and attend the guests?"

Mr. Kim turns his head toward Miss Manoban. "I guess you're right." Then he turns toward us, "see you later, Omegas."

We smile and see them walk away and mix in the crowd.

"I'm telling you, Jungkook," Chaeyoung speaks as we watch them slowly disappear. "Mr. Kim is head over heels for you."

I laugh at her statement; it's funny as hell. Even if a small part of me wants it to be true, I know damn well that the reality is far from it.

"I don't dream in the morning." We look at each other, "we are completely two different worlds."

"But Jungkook, listen to me carefully," she insists, and we walk together. "People say that opposite attracts."

"And?" I knit my brows.

"To me, you guys are completely opposite: you're cute, sweet, soft, fun-loving, and a caring person; on the other hand, he's cold, sometimes rude, quiet and strict person."

"Chaeyoung," I call her name, disappointed. "I think you're forgetting what his position is and what my position is. There are tons of people who want him, who are more beautiful than me. I don't think I can be the one to catch his eye."

She smacks my shoulder. "Don't ever think so low of yourself. You're my best friend, you must walk like you're the most beautiful person in this earth."

"Yea, ma'am," I say sarcastically.

"But then again, I hope he is not the one for you: the kind of person who he is, I don't think he's any suitable for you."

She right: he's rumored to be a fuckboy who like to play around, and I would love to avoid this type of Alphas. I really wish my mate to be a loving, caring and thoughtful Alpha.

"Lemme get us some drinks." Chaeyoung says before going to get us drinks. I stay in my place, deciding to text my mom and let her know how things are going.

A couple of seconds later, my mom replies with a red heart emoji.

"Jeon." The authoritative voice makes me flinch, I quickly look behind me to see no one else but Mr. Kim. I put my phone away and notice also the presence of two other Alphas.

Black suits, ties, shoes, it must be a first class people things. I greet them, bowing 90 degrees to show respect.

"Good evening to you all."

"Good evening to you too, little Omega," one of the man with blond hair greets me back. I can tell that he's a foreigner, and he has learned korean recently because he doesn't have a good pronunciation

"Gentlemen, he's Jeon Jungkook. The organizer of this party and also my secretary. He actually organized this party in a week... all alone," Mr. Kim states, looking sternly at me.

"Pretty impressive," the other man praises me.

"Thank you, sir," I bow down a little.

"I see you got yourself a well mannered Omega, Kim."

"Oh, yes, I did. I've found the best Omega ever. Actually, he's the one that come to me," Mr. Kim responds, making me kind of frightened. Why would he state something like this as if I'm a property that he possesses, or like he said, I'm the one who came to him so that he can possess me.

"Well, you're a lucky one," says the blonde. Then, the two men leave us both.

Mr. Kim keeps staring at me with his fierce gaze making me uncomfortable. I clean my throat to wipe away the awkward atmosphere.

"Sir, it— it was very pleasant that you have paid me this homage, and I'm very flattered."

"Are you?" Oh, that deep voice.

"Yes, sir."

A smirk makes its way to his face. "I, too, am happy," he expresses, but it doesn't seem like he's really happy for my achievement.

Mr. Kim turns his heel to leave, but before going he turns his head a little to his right and says: "I hope you're enjoying woking under the Kim's and I really hope that you're enjoying your job as my secretary."

——

Hope you enjoyed this chapter 💖

⚫️Do you get anxious while talking to people?