Chapter: 53

We sit cross-legged on the floor while Master Jooseob serves us tea.

"Have it, children."

We thank him mannerly before taking our cups. The tae tastes very good.

"How are you here, Taehyung?" Master Jooseob asks him.

"Master, I'm just here for a small vacation with my mate, Jeon Jungkook." Taehyung looks at me and and I smile.

"Oh, that young boy is your mate! That's lovely," Master Jooseob comments. "But it seems like you have forgotten me, right?"

Taehyung looks down, a little embarrassed smile coming to his face.

"I'm sorry, Master. It's been over a decade, and I've been a lot busy with my business. Sorry," he apologizes sincerely.

"Oh, you don't need to worry, little Taehyung. Sometimes, it's good to not remember some things," he replies calmly, but I get the feeling that something is hiding behind his last sentence.

"But you know what, Taehyung? You shouldn't have brought your mate here," he says sternly, looking at me. I feel uncomfortable

"Sorry?" Taehyung says.

"I meant that he's pregnant, and he should be in special care since it's the last month," his voice turns to a sweet one, and he smiles.

"Don't worry, Master Jooseob. I'm really fine here," I say with a grin. "And we won't be here for long anyway."

"Hm..."

"Master Jooseob, it was nice meeting you, and I think it's time for us to return," Taehyung says, getting up from the floor, then he helps me get on my feet.

"Ow... are you going Jungkook hyung?" Daeha asks, pouting.

I chuckle at his cuteness. "Don't worry, baby. We'll visit you again."

He smiles and hugs me, which I gladly accept.

"Take care of him, Taehyung," Master Jooseob instructs him before turning towards me. "Take care of Taehyung too, Jungkook. And if you need anything, don't hesitate to come to me."

"Surely, Master." I bow down a little.

Master Jooseob escorts us outside before calling me. I look at him with a smile, and he smiles back at me, too. Then, he puts his hand on my head.

"I know that the upcoming days will be harder for you, but don't give up. Don't give up on your love. May you be protected from all the evil eyes."

My heart warms up from his nice words. It feels like having blessing from your older grandfather.

"Thank you, Master."

Then we leave the village. I must admit that it was a wholesome experience. I get to see Taehyung's childhood place, met a sweet kid and met Master Jooseob.

We enter our front yeard and smell a putrid odor. I scrunch my nose and look at Taehyung, who is waving his hand in front of his nose because of the odor.

"You smell it too, Tae?"

"Yeah, it's like something's rotting." We look around, and then my eyes land on a small black being.

"Tae, look." I point at the thing that is on the ground. We approach it to take a good look.

A chill runs down my spine as I see a raven bird's corpse lying. Its stomach is wide open as if someone has purposely done it. I gag and get a little further. I look at Taehyung and see him staring at it intensely, which confuses me. Does he not feel disgusted?

"Tae," I call him but doesn't budge as if he's a statue.

"Taehyung!" I shout this, and he seems to have come out of his thoughts.

"Huh...?" He looks at me, then back at the raven, then he comes to me.

"Tae, is everything okay?" I touch his cheek.

"Kookie," he turns behind to look back at the raven. "I feel like I've seen something like this before. I get the déjà vu."

"Déjà vu? Where did you see it?"

He turns at me. "I don't know clearly," he mutters, pondering hard. "Maybe in my childhood."

We've come to spend some quality time with each other here, but we are getting so many surprises, or not, so many shocks. We had a wonderful morning with in the village, roaming here and there, and I don't want this day to ruin.

"Tae, it may be possible that some cats have done it, you know... and you saw the same thing in your childhood," I tell him, hoping to ease his mind and avert from the raven's incident.

"May be... I'm not sure," he murmurs.

"Oh, c'mon Tae, it is like what I've just said. Don't think too much and go make me lunch. I'm starving," I sound cheerful to get us out of the bad mood, and it works.

Taehyung smiles. "Then let's go, Your Highness." He extends his hand so I can place mine on top of its palm. "I shall prepare you some delicious meal."

"Let's go, servant."

——

Hope you enjoyed the chapter 💕 😊

⚫️Where does the dead raven bird come from?

⚫️What do you think about Master Jooseob?

Your opinions are always welcomed here 💖

XOXO 😘