Chapter: 61

When I gain my consciousness, I feel some motion in my chest but I'm unaware of what it is, neither do I want to know. I don't know for how long I've been unconscious. I groan in pain as I feel my down part burning.

"Ah..." I moan as I try to move a little, but I quickly stop when I feel like something resting on my forearm. I squeeze my eyes to get a better look at he. My heart fills up with joy when I see my little princess sleeping soundly while drinking milk from my chest.

Wow!

This is really our child. Taehyung's and mine. I touch her soft fingers, and she wraps around my finger quickly. Does she know that I'm her Papa? Her body is so small and fair like a porcelain doll that it seems otherworldly. She emits an undeniable magnetic force that sure can captivate anyone in this world.

I place a kiss on her forehead, to which she makes a sound. She must know me very well to react such a tender way. She knows her Papa too well.

Slowly, she opens her eyes, those alluring eyes that can mesmerize anyone. She looks at me, and I smile widely.

"Hi, baby. I'm y-your Papa," I murmur. She keeps looking at me for several seconds, then she closes her eyes again. I let out a small chuckle at her cuteness.

She truly resembles Taehyung.

Taehyung.

My heart shatters in pieces as I remember that I'm alone. A sob leaves my mouth, and I clutch my daughter closer to me.

"Jungkook," Jimin hyung calls, entering my room. I quickly wipe my tears before he can notice. I slowly turn my head towards his direction. He smiles as he sees me, his smile hiding his eyes. I still wonder if he can see anything while smiling.

"I'm so glad, Kook." He comes closer to me and sits down beside my daughter.

"How are you feeling now?" He asks, caressing sofly Taewon.

"My down part hurt like hell, but seeing her in my arms," I shift my eyes from Jimin hyung to my daughter, "This pain feels nothing because of the plethora of joy I feel in my heart."

"Yeah, this is also how I felt, and this is what every person feels. I'm so happy that she's healthy."

"Me too, hyung."

"You must be hungry, I'll go get you some—" he was standing up when I held his wrist. He turns his head. "Do you want something?"

"Hyung, Taehyung," I murmur, enough loud for him to hear.

He sighs, sitting down again.

"Jungkook, I know that I can't imagine your hardship right now, but still I want you to stay strong no matter what." He puts a hand on my head as he says it.

"Does Taehyung at least know that he has become a dad?" My voice is feeble.

"I can't say anything, Jungkook. He is in their capture, but we don't know if he is in himself or not."

I sniffle. This is so much for me to take. All I want is this love to bloom and never end. Was it too much to ask? Why do I have only myself at the end of the day?

"Hyung," I abruptly call him. "They must have known about my Taewon now, right?"

He brows knits in concern. "Yes, Jungkook. Just like  Master Jooseob said, they're after Taewon and Taehyung, not you."

I widen my eyes. "They're going to come here?"

"No, no. We used the protection shield that master Jooseob gave us and circled around the house."

"But Master Jooseob said that the shield won't stay powerful for a long time."

"I know. We need to find a solution sooner."

"Hyung," I slowly try to get up and sit, and Jimin hyung helps me out. "What happened to Taehyung's parents and Master Jooseob?"

"Jungkook, after we came back in this house, Yoongi decided to go Master's house to check on them. You were still unconscious that time. Lisa and Yoongi went there but they didn't find anyone there. We tried to contact Uncle and Aunt, but it was useless. Moreover, the people of the village were avoiding even talking to Yoongi and Lisa."

My body remains stiff as I begin to take what hyung's saying. How am I supposed to get out of this situation without any help? The ones who know a way are only Master Jooseob and Taehyung parents, but they are gone. Will I be able to go out of this maze?

"Kookie, I know it's hard for you to take in everything." He holds my hand. "But don't give up. You're going to find peace one day. The dark cloud of sadness won't last forever, and the sun will shine again. You're brave and stay like this. Believe in yourself. Moon Goddess will reunite you with your mate."

I hug him quickly, and he also wraps his arms around me tightly. I let all my tears slip so that I could find temporary relief. Several minutes later, Yoongi hyung, Miss Manoban, and Chaeyoung come in. They all support me and tell me that they'll be there in every moment of my life. I know it should've been enough, but it's not enough without Taehyung.

Chaeyoung brings me some foods later and starts feeding me as I have Taewon in my arms who is drinking milk. Jihoon is sleeping in another room, and the others have gone out to search for Master Jooseob to find a potential solution.

"Taewon looks so beautiful, like an angel," she comments. I touch her cheek with the back of my hand.

"She really is." She's the only source that can give me strength in this time.

"Jungkook, do you know that Wooyoung is searching for a job," she informs. I know that she wants to deviate my focus somewhere else.

"Really? It's good news."

"I know, right. He's growing up real quick."

"Yeah. Does he know that you're here?" I aks quietly.

"Yeah, I have told him before coming here."

"Oh, that's goo—"

I stop when I hear the main door shut loudly. My heartbeats quicken. I don't like this vexatious feeling I'm getting.

"Jungkook!" Jimin hyung shouts. I clutch my daughter as I hear their fast steps approaching the room. Goosebumps run through me. Jimin hyung's voice seemed full of terror.

He bursts the door open. I widen my eyes as I see his face. His face has small purple and blue marks, and a blood stain is dripping from his lips.

"Hyung—"

"Jungkook, you must run away."

——

Hope you enjoyed the chapter 💕 😊

⚫️Do share your opinions about this chapter.

XOXO 😘