70. True intention

Ever since the remaining villains build up the Island, Black hat hasn't spoke to me. The mansion was the first to be restored, which my husband did by himself. He would never tell me how he did so, but it was obvious that his powers are unlimited. He could have stopped this war or even prevented it from happening.

His office was always closed for that time and he left it since.

I slept in an empty bed or spend most of my time with Flug. He planned the construction of the houses and buildings. From him I found out that Black hat removed all debts from every villain that is a member of the Black hat organization. Flug's inventions are all destroyed and his lab too. During the rebuild he realized that a few experiments have gone missing. Somehow I was relieved that no villain or hero has to do their job at the moment or those Flug's inventions or experiments were used for evil. It was quite peaceful at the moment.

Even with the heroes, a massive change has happened.

Gold heart removed all heroes from the program that were part of the attack and investigating further how far they were involved in this. The worst kinds got caught and imprisoned. They weren't sure what they did wrong; still thinking they did a heroic act. Gold heart noticed the dead eyes, seeing resemblance to Abigail's behaviour making him shiver. His colleagues that he trusted on his team helped him build the organization under new management. The founder that made this operation disappeared right after the attack happened. No one knows where she is. For gold heart was this clear, the heroes have to get back their reputation.

"Help everyone on the land for shelter, food and safety...no exceptions."

His colleague came over with some disturbing news, "Ehm...we might have a few problems..."

"What now?" he said pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Some of the children went back to the Island...on their own free will."

"No way! That is not possible, this must be some trap. Get me Y/N on the phone!"

Yep you guessed it. Since my husband is given me the cold shoulder, I took care of every conversation involving heroes, in this case it was only Gold heart. We arranged a time out to restore both sides. I also arranged a search on the Island for the founder. That children came back to the Island puzzled Gold heart, giving me the blame, but it was far from a trap, "My husband, as evil as he is, dropped all debts for his members. Every child that wants to be reunited with their family is allowed to come back."

"Stop them!"

I sighted, "I know you are concerned but this is their choice. Some of the villains already cancelled their membership and decided to leave the Island instead." I didn't tell him that way more villains started to enter the organization than leaving. Even on the heroes side they received more members than ever.

"Just be careful with that husband of yours. We couldn't stop him now, but we will one day."

"just take care of yourself and the organization...and please...only call if it is business." Breaking his connection I leaned back exhausted. Gold heart didn't stop asking me of my well-being, making the conversation more personal. After this war we got back to being acquaintances on a good level. But we will never be friends again. Despite of the fact that some heroes and villains were saved, it didn't stop anyone outside to see me as black hats wife. This is what I will ever be.

So I have to make the best of it.

Stuck on this Island and on a man that is the devil himself, I gave it a try and knocked on his office door. Without a reply I entered. Curious I looked inside and there he was, cleaning up his office like it was a normal business day. Even his look towards me was disturbing. Assuming he was still mad, he looked rather happy.

"Hello darling. What took you so long to see me?"

"I thought you were still mad that I didn't play the way you wanted me to."

His smile was even more disturbing, "All forgotten, business if booming and the Island almost back to normal.

"Why didn't you restore it back in a few days?"

He shrugged, "Not interested."

"Figures" he never does. Although I didn't had a message that I couldn't give him back then.

SLAP!

He didn't frown as I slapped him across the face, but rather smiled at it.

"This is for disappearing in the morning and everything else you done during the war!" It left a mark on his face, but his face remained amused, "Where is the kiss?"

"What kiss?"

"For the night before?"

I shrugged, "Not interested."

Amused he laughed out loud. I never get used to his evil behaviour and still I was drawn to him. My heart started to beat loud whenever his hand touched me. Even a single touch of his hand again my arm gave me Goosebumps.

"We could repeat this special moment tonight..."

I looked at him bored, "...not until you finished the papers and get everything back ot normal."

His smile dropped, "That would take years."

"With you it would be days but Mr. Evil isn't interested to pleasure his wife that soon."

I left him in the office, hearing him growl deeply. However I didn't see him to this with a wicked smile on his face. He wasn't annoyed; he was in the mood to play this little game of mine.

Suddenly someone knocked on his window.

He pulled the curtains aside to reveal someone he knew well. She was the partner of Lady Tornado.

Black hat greeted her with a bow, "Ah Lady Poker face....or shall I say...Founder?"

She returned the favour before sitting on the desk with her legs crossed, "This was way too easy. With the plans going forward the casinos made a fortune on making bets." Black hat grinned wide seeing the amount on his bank account, it was twice as much as all of the debts together. Lady Poker face also handed him an empty bottle, "My regards to your inventor Lord Black hat. He sure knows how to make heroes into monsters with a little bit of this liquid."

"I told Flug not to mess with this..." he said not liking the black drop inside the bottle.

"You sure had it all planned. Sure it was a long run but it was worth it. For a minute I thought you had a heart as you searched for a wife."

He grinned wide throwing the bottle into the trash, "I needed something to get the something to trigger the heroes to take action...the rest just followed smoothly..."

"...I can't believe Lady Tornado thought you had fallen for her" Lady Poker face knew about the whole plot from day one, convincing her own villainous friend to take part in this game. In fact, she planned it all with Black hat to gain profit and weaken the heroes at the same time. But something wasn't fulfilled for Lady poker face. She got closer to black hat touching his chest seductively, "So when do we get rid of your wife?"

In an instant, he had her by the throat.

The book shelf moved aside to reveal the little pet books. She got scare as his menacing face got closer, "I have no intention to get rid of her." He threw her into the cage where she got eaten alive. Once the shelf went back against the wall the screams vanished. He smiled happy, "Being married seem to be more fun than I imagined. Simply an arrangement without return..." before he could chuckle I opened the door.

"Have you seen the books? I got some fresh meat here"

His smile remained as he led me out, "Don't worry my love...I already fed them."