49. Innocent

I stood there with mixed feelings while Black hat was having the time of his life. His smile was back, and it was hideous wide. I really feared of kissing that thing...those teeth must be razor sharp.

Looking over my shoulder to Flug he just shrugged back. Demencia was wearing a straight jacket and tied to a pole. The rest of the audience was anxiously waiting for the ending.

Which took a few more minutes as the priest noticed me shaking. He told Black hat some rules he made up to keep his sweet time. At least he tried to be helpful. Leaving was no option as Black hat held my hand firmly in his.

"...I now pronounce you..."

Ah! Over already?!

My sight gone blurry...

"...husband and..."

...my sight went from the priest to the ceiling...

"...wife?"

Darkness.

Black hat caught me before I hit the floor. Lying in his arms his smile remained as my body went numb. The audience was told to leave by Flug, and the hat bots got Demencia back to her cell. The doc went over to the Lord and the priest, "What can I do for you, my Lord?" He gestured to something nearby before leaving the hall. The priest followed him.

In the bedroom Black hat placed me onto the bed while he kept watching, "Flug!"

"Yes Sir!" the doc entered soon after almost tripping over the rug. The priest had to tell black hat the bad news that the wedding isn't finished until he said the last words and the kiss. To his surprise Black hat didn't get angry.

He was thinking...while his hand massaged mine, "Flug..."

"Here Sir!"

"Keep an eye on her. I got some business to attempt to." The priest stayed by my side till I wake up, sitting in the corner. Flug took a seat and placed it beside me.

Meanwhile I had nightmares of this day. Black hat had kissed me and all off a sudden my clothes turned to a dark dress, while my wrist and neck were tied with chains. He pulled me along while his body changed to a black mass of forms that aren't human or even an animal. Black hats size had also grown till he hits the ceiling. I was trembling under his stare and want to scream out in fear. But my mouth couldn't say anything. There was no mouth. In panic I ripped open my skin of where my mouth had to be and was shocked to feel teeth and a tongue...but still...not a single sound. Black hat laughed out as his eyes got closer. He opened his mouth wide. Wide enough to eat me. Then, everything went dark.

I shot up, bathing in sweat while Flug looked up unimpressed, "nightmare?"

With a scared impression I looked at the doc, "You..." pulling on his lab coat I shook him, "...why didn't you save me!"

"From what?" he backed off fixing his coat, "You fainted at your own wedding. What is there to save? You knew it would happen."

"The faint was not planned!"

"But your escape"

Irritated I leaned back on the bed, "You noticed?"

"Everyone noticed"

"So, I guess I still have no choice but to marry him?"

Flug nodded, "Of course, but he said that it will take a few more days to get a new set of guests for the wedding."

"What happened to the others."

He laughed uncomfortable, "Well...I guess they fainted as well." Flug didn't want to go further into the situation. So, he changed the subject, "Black hat told me to take good care of you while he is gone."