11. If you refuse...

My knees are trembling. Thankfully for the chair I was safe from falling, but not from the wrath that might reach out to me if I don't sign the contract.

There is nothing I want from this man.

I got no goals of being a villain or even close to one. I got no enemies that I needed to get rid of. And most of all, he is freaking me out! He leaned against his desk waiting patiently. The silence was unbearable, almost toxic. I could hardly breath.

"...n-nothing..."

"Nothing?" through his voice it sounded like an insult. As I offended him.

Afraid I got up from the chair and held on to the back of it, "y-yes...n-nothing...excuse me...Sir..."

I don't remember how I managed to survive this, but I was able to leave the room. I could have sworn he locked it earlier. He didn't even come after me, which disturbs me even more. But it didn't last long, Black hat was already aware that I wouldn't return to his office. Calling on the doc, "Lead her out doctor". Saluting his boss, he tried to rush out, only to be stopped by him holding a letter, "Give her this...as a farewell"

"Yes Sir!"

Shortly after, he caught up to me. He held his hands out to follow him, unaware that the crazy woman was still out there. Because of my fear of Black hat this threat was blocked out of my mind. Her appearance came out of nowhere furious and in rage. Going behind the doc, he wasn't as scared as I...his expression was far from it, "Demencia...I told you to stay put!"

She pointed at me, "She tries to steal my Lord from me!"

"Keep him! "I tried to say, trembling at the ax in her hand.

Flug sighted, "She just about to leave"

"Really?" her cheerful face was even more disturbing as when she is furious, staying behind Flug for safety. He orders the hatbots to capture her which she sees as a game and rushed off into the darkest corner of the room. Demencia was gone.

"Who was she?"

"It doesn't matter, all you need to know is where to leave this place."

I nodded pleased, "Lead me to it doc."

Sighting loud I was glad to see the back of the mansion, waiting for Abi on the other side of the fence. The doc wouldn't drive us but one of his robots will do the job for him. He could tell how relieved I felt, my breathing got stable and more relaxed, and my movements aren't stiff anymore. This remembered him on his first day working for Black hat, he knew how I felt, "Well Miss, i will take my leave."

"I guess this means goodbye then. No offense but I won't set a single foot in there ever again."

"You won't" he assured, giving me the letter, "This is your farewell...it is from my boss."

"Farewell?" fear crawled back, and my heart wanted to make a runner, "Why farewell?!"

He shrugged, "he didn't say." With that he left me there, once again scared, and terrified for my life. So, he took it as an insult after all. Unable to stop shaking, my fingers could open this envelope.

At the office, black hat was amused at my sight of pure fright. It was so great he had to contain himself not to burst out laughing again. As for Abigail, she tried to follow me short after only for him to order her to sit down again. The man wasn't finished yet with her, "You friend is amusing".

She nodded as he could see from the reflection.

"Make sure that she comes to the party"

Abi was about to complain, but he beats her to it, "No exceptions." For her was this no big deal anymore, as she won't be able to go there. She will be dead before this happens.

"As for you..."

Her head looked up, seeing a wicked smile on his face.

"...I got an offer for you..."

Light up with hope she opened her mouth," Lord black hat, I...I don't know what to say."

"...nothing." Was his reply looking back to me still fighting to open the damn letter, "It is an offer you cannot refuse."

And what he gave her made her eyes widen. It is a great advantage for her...but a massive disadvantage for me. Despite being a villain, she cherishes our friendship to some point where this offer was not a good one. But on the other hand, she couldn't refuse. His eye sparkled with excitement, "Think about your children...". That he got their files worries her and even more that he knew about them. Normally this situation would be considered as blackmailing, but being evil to the very core, is this a natural thing in his nature. So, it is either me or her children.

Abi's jaw wobbled, letting out a small "...yes...my lord..." before leaving.

At the same time my struggle with the letter is over. The fear went to a hold as it turned to being furious that I couldn't open it, now it is back to be terrified. Inside was a piece of paper, written in a very clean and beautiful handwriting.

"Invitation?"

He addressed me with my full name on this, officially inviting me to the party Abi told me about. In my mind it was already crossed out, as he wrote underneath that this will become a farewell letter if I refuse to come. Breathing steadily my mind became clearer, "Wait a minute! I got heroes as friends...or something like that. They can protect me form this mad man." With new hope I read the last sentence, "To make it easier for you. I got something precious that you want to get back."

Gasping, I checked my pocket feeling my watch inside, "Good...wait...eh?" Felling the watch more carefully I realized...that wasn't mine. It was a pocket watch. Shocked I looked up to the window seeing him waving my watch with joy. Reading the last sentence he wrote, "If you turn it down, I will come to get you...and my watch." So no matter what I do, I have to see him one way or another..why?

Why can't he just leave me alone?!!!!