26. My reward?!

Before I can finally end this day, I got to deal with the lord of the manor. After that loud tantrum I feared that he might reflect his anger on me. I hesitated before entering his office. His expression was clear to be careful with him, handing over the drink by placing it on his desk, without a single word.

"Another" he ordered taking it in one go down his throat.

Bowing I left him, returning with another glass. His mood hasn't changed, taking it off my hands.

"Leave"

That was good, as this was my queue to get dinner ready. The meal is already done and prepared to be send into the dining hall. Like lunch the women were already present, playing poker. The minute the tray arrived their behavior changed. Like I invaded their private space, ordering me to hurry up. As expected, they found something on the meal and threw it across the room. Apparently, it was cold, although I keep it in the oven to stay warm. The dining hall was an absolute mess. Rubbing it into the carpet was the least thing to worry about, pushing me into the food was not necessary. She even threatened me to tell black hat about it.

The thought of that fact made it harder to see him later during bedtime.

I begged Flug that if he could help me with a few tasks tomorrow, but his reply was distant and cold, "It is your job, this whole thing is to pay off your debts. Make sure you get his report."

"What report?"

"You don't know?"

I shrugged. Now I was informed that black hat is writing my report on how well I did.

"And this every day?"

"No, today is just to check how you started off. Make sure you take this seriously."

Nodding he turned his back to me. My last thing was to check on the couple to go to bed. His bride is already in the bedroom. Her cooperation on getting dress was less than this morning. She scratched me on my arm as I tried to give her the night gown, "Girl, you really don't know what you are doing. Obviously, you don't know your place." The gown was ripped in pieces, as she kept insulting me. To my relief it didn't last long. Her husband has not arrived.

I asked her about his whereabouts, but she only threw a vase after me.

Flug heard it all, gesturing towards the corridor, "He is in his hoffice. Good night, Y/N."

"Night doc."

Knocking on his door, he ordered me to enter. His attention was on a pile of paper, writing something down.

"Sir, are you going to bed?"

He stopped his work, eyeing me from top to bottom, "hard day my dear?" referring to my scratches. "I hard worse" I lied. He kept looking, but just nodded slightly.

He went back to his papers, "Then you will do just fine."

I swear his tone was hiding something. His hand reached out to me, "Come here"

Slowly I walked over, seeing him hand over a few pieces of paper, "Give this to the doctor."

Nodding I was heading off to leave him, as he called me.

Turning around his smile grew, "You not done yet."

"Sir?"

He got up, "Tie and coat."

I see no reason to do so, but he demanded this. Standing before him I untied his tie and got the coat off him. His smile never faded.

"Done sir"

"Now leave"

"Yes Sir, night Sir" bowing I turned on my heel.

Outside the room I checked the papers. The list was passed on all the damages that happened through the day, all I was involved in. Either by accident or by others it didn't matter. Every damage has a number on and was added below. Underneath stood one number that was divided by that large sum. Ok, Flug must explain this to me.

And I know where to find him.

For the doc was this already his time to get some rest before the next day starts off with countless orders to fulfill. Already in dreamland, he noticed how it turned to the same old dreams as usual. Gold heart gets defeated by him and Black hat praises his courage. Instead, his voice was feminine and demands him to wake up. One eye open, he was taken by surprise and his head against the glass above him.

"How can you sleep in this thing?"

"Why did you wake me?!"

"You told me to take this seriously..." showing him the papers, "...but I got to understand this first."

He yawned and stretched himself before looking at it, before his eyes widened, "What did you do?!"

"I didn't do anything!"

"Hello, this is all the damages you have done today...today!"

"It wasn't my fault!"

He showed me the list, "Are you blind? Here is what you have done over the day...damaging the portrait..."

"The house shook!"

"...holes in the wall..."

"That woman threw with knives!"

"...carpet is a mess..."

"They threw the food of the ground! Seriously, those are all not my fault."

Flug looked blank in my direction," ...you mixed the wrong drink for our boss...several times..."

"He asked for another. He didn't complain!"

"Y/N, you work under black hat. He doesn't complain, he punishes anyone that makes mistakes. And this is your reward" his finger went to the last line below.

"Fifty bucks?!" that must be a bad joke.

"Compared to your debt it has to improve", referring to the large sum above. I was furious at the system. So, when I damage something or someone else did so, it increased my debts and a whole day of work, I get fifty bucks...I will be dead before I could even pay off a quarter of the price. Before I left, another question came to my mind, "Flug, black hat wants me to make his tie and take his coat off and on, what is this all about?"

To my surprise, he was shaking, "One good advice, make it quick and get as far away from him. These are the things you should never question. And please, don't ask our boss and his intentions."

Arrangement without return (Reader x Black hat)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें