6. Pay him a visit

You can guess how hard it was to explain what happened.

Besides the point I had no proof that this beast of a book was here. It was gone as quick as it appeared last night. The entire rooms were destroyed, all sorts of furniture were in shreds, dishes, cups, you name it...it was all destroyed. For Abigail was this a big hit, considering that most of the stuff are her possessions. And it got just better and better as the morning progresses.

She received a letter for the school fee today, only to faint at the numbers.

With her other debts her life was close to being over. It got worse as she told me what happened last night with my...how can you call it? buddy slap...with Black hat? Me, not realizing what a big deal it was just shrugged. The fact that he might be behind the last night incident didn't even cross my mind unlike Abigail. Resting her last safe cup on the table, she stared at me with a worried look, as I slurped my morning brew from a cereal bowl.

"We have to visit him"

"Who?" Not really awake just yet.

"Black hat. I cannot pay the fee or even the debts, this is the only way out"

"I doubt that he will give you more chances, knowing him"

Nodding in agreement, her finger fiddles with her cup, "But how am I supposed to pay it off? The bank won't give me a loan."

"Considered robbing it?"

"Yes...didn't work."

Apparently, her gadgets couldn't open the safe. Her only achievement were a few bucks from the till and some pocket money from the visitors. It was not even close to the amount she needed.

"Look on the bright side, at least we can afford something to eat."

Her look said it all, a glare wasn't needed to tell me how I can stick the food where the sun doesn't shine. Her body collapsed as tears came to her face, "What should I do?" It was no use to point fingers on who to blame, what's done is done and he is the only one that has the power to change that.

"Ok, go to him"

"We"

"...no..."

"Please Y/N, you owe me"

"I beg your pardon?!"

"You hit him last night!"

"Do you think it was on purpose?!"

"We won't kill me if I have company"

"You are talking about a villain. He wouldn't care and probably take us both down at this point"

"Please...pretty please..."

"Just drop it Abs"

Instantly she was on her knees "Pleeeeeaaaasseee?"

"Stop it! Stop acting like a coward. You're supposed to be a villain for crying out loud!"

Her cries didn't stop there, she must be desperate.

"Fine"

"YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!"

"...on one condition..."

Abi glared as I demand that not one of the damaged items must be paid for and in her case, it is a lot. She was about to protest until I reminded her that I pay with my life when we go together. She was in no position to negotiate...take it or leave it I say. And of course, she gave in with a loud sigh. That wasn't my plan to end my life so soon. And I wasn't prepared to die in a fancy outfit. Abigail hoped that dressed in formal clothes he might be more friendly and caring. Clicking my tongue, she knew that this was a ridiculous conclusion. Even so, she had a point. Looking like a tramp or in my case walking around in a dirty rope wouldn't look very professional as this is a business visit. She got into a pair of black trousers, blouse, and a red jacket. My favourite trousers were destroyed so all I had is a long old skirt from Abi in dark grey, with that a white blouse and a dark grey vest, matching the skirt. For Abigail's delight, she gave me a red tie.

I hate how I look, like an old aristocratic lady...

...basically, not me at all. But hey, I am not there to impress him.

Abigail always looked her best, showing her bad ass body to be remembered as the hot villain in town. If she would give up being a villain, she might be the sweetest and most beautiful woman in town, but that won't happen. Furthermore, she forgot the fact that we had to get there somehow.

Of course...

...she begged me to pay of the fair.

Why? Because we must get all the way to Hat Island to meet him and not everyone is allowed to go there. It might be difficult for me to go as I am no villain. At least there she thought of something, giving the doc a call of the situation. I listened to them talking, hearing the undertone in Flug's voice. It wasn't pleasant and to be honest...quite disturbing. He wasn't pleased at all that we wanted to to visit his boss and with a guest it might be worse. Abi accepted his warning but demanded to get an audience with the lord himself. With a little hesitation he accepted, btu with a shaky voice. I wasn't aware that even his employees are terrified of him. The doc would inform the border that we arrive so out journey will be without complications.

But to get the audience with Black Hat will. Dr. Flug had to inform his boss that we arrive today, mentally preparing himself of this before entering the office.

Traveling to the island isn't too far off, as we can see the dark clouds from our town. Sometimes I get the feeling they look like a top hat. Some of the villains live there and come to our town for supplies...and some sunlight. The fair to the island has three rides a day, the next one is in five hours. We decided to clean up the mess in the house while waiting.

In the meantime, Dr. Flug was cowering on the ground praying for dear life.

Black hat did not take the announcement well. His rage made him grow larger making him more terrifying as he already was. That any villain dared to get out of their debts by talking to him for solutions just makes him furious. However, he did not refuse this visit. As it happens the little detail that a guest will accompany Abigail who isn't a member of the Black hat Organization had calmed Black hat a bit. Back to his usual form, he ordered Flug to leave the office and get the car. He should pick us up form once the fair arrived at the island.

He doesn't want to miss out on another victim of his to play with.