The Yule Ball

I admired my reflection in the mirror, carefully glazing my fingers through the depths of my brunette hair and fixing my dangling earrings. The dress surprisingly hugged my body perfectly. I hummed to myself as I added the finishing touches of lipgloss and pressed my lips together in a fine line, making sure the lip product had fully sunk into my lips.

Mattheo had given me a hint that he was going to be wearing a black suit, which I must say I smiled a little when he said that. Can you imagine what he looks like with a suit on? God just the thought had me kicking my feet and smirking to myself at night. But I decided it would be a good choice to buy a detailed, off-the-shoulder black dress that would match him as I knew he liked that sort of thing.

 But I decided it would be a good choice to buy a detailed, off-the-shoulder black dress that would match him as I knew he liked that sort of thing

I walked through the hallway, cautiously holding my dress so it's train didn't drag all across the stone floor. The crisp, cold air sending goosebumps onto my arms, the temperature so cold I could practically taste the weather on my tongue. The half-cast moon loomed above the black sky, it's pure white essence protruding against the silver clouds. I smiled to myself upon making it to the entrance of the ball; slowly exhaling as the sound of loud music started to ring into my ears.

The ball was crowded and consumed by people, making it hard to see the delicately crafted ice sculptors and snack bars in each corner of the room. The live band was performing on a small stage by the evergreen trees that were frosted with white snow. It was perfect, even better than I had originally envisioned it.

I glided down the stone staircase, still holding my dress and cautiously looking around for the sight of someone I recognised. My eyes met a familiar looking Hufflepuff who was wearing a bowtie and dress robes. I exhaled again and approached Cedric with a large smile plastered across my face.

"Hey!" I beamed, fixing my hair.

"Hey," Cedric spoke, "You look great."

"Thank you!" I chuckled softly, "You look great too."

Cedric nodded at me, indicating a polite thank you before opening his mouth to speak again. "If you don't mind me asking, who are you here with?"

"I'm here with Mattheo," I smiled, "Who are you here with?"

"I'm here with Cho, she's just getting us some drinks in the corner." He said softly, bucking his head towards the mini-bar to the left of the hall.

"Ah I see..." I nodded, "As for me... I'm not too sure where Mattheo is."

Cedric began to laugh, I could practically hear his accent peeking through the laughter. I tilted my head in confusion before he pointed behind me, making me turn round and admire the sight of Matt wearing a clean-looking, black suit. His hands snuck into the pockets of his matching black trousers as he looked me up and down, his lips parting in surprise before taking a small but noticeable gulp.

"You look..." Mattheo spoke, blinking in awe and shaking his head, "Beautiful."

I swooned at his words, a large grin creeping onto my cheeks, forcing me to glance at the floor.
"Why thank you." I said sarcastically, "I must say you look incredibly hot."