Forever

The silence echoed the hallway. 

I smiled weakly at him, choking back waterfalls of tears. For whatever reason, despite our relationship being fake, it still hurt to allow the words to fall out my lips.

Rain began to trickle onto the hard concrete, the breeze shaking the forest green trees and sending shivers directly downwards toward my neck and falling down my spine. The cold wind suffocating my already shaky breath.

The thought of breaking off this fake "relationship" hadn't ever transversed my mind. I was too  intoxicated and blinded by love, captured by this fairytale of something that wasn't even deemed real to realize this couldn't last forever. Even if I wanted it too.

"Y/N-" Mattheo whispered.

"I know." I whispered back, fiddling with the silver rings on my fingers.

Suddenly, the The song, 'Forever' by the Little Dippers began to play from inside the common room.

How could I of forgotten? It was tradition that at every Slytherin party a romantic song was played. When this song begun, couples would all gather together and begin to dance which was often followed by loud cheers and whistling.

Mattheo scoffed lightly and smiled  at me, before gently holding out his hand and nodding his head.

"One last dance?" He smiled.

"One last dance." I smiled back, shaking my head and softly taking his hand, intertwining my fingers with his rings.

Upon stepping out into the courtyard, the rain began to soak onto my dress, making me giggle slightly and look up at Mattheo who had the biggest grin plastered across his face.

I could feel the wet grass flourish itself onto my heels. Despite no prior preparation, Me and Mattheo's steps flawlessly matched each other as we both stepped left to right; or bodies coordinating with the music almost perfectly.

I laughed loudly as he spun my body round, my wet hair spinning and twirling like a satellite circling the earth. Chills spreading onto my exposed back as his eyes were fixated onto mine.

The moment felt like a scene captured from a coming of age movie. A scene where the main character falls head over heels for the perfect guy. But just like a movie, we weren't real.

His hands supported my back as he threw me backwards, making me laugh audibly once more. 

I smiled up at Mattheo, shooting my head up at the sky, allowing the rainwater to drip down my face. I  beamed with laughter and smiled at the sweet sound of Mattheo's laugh, a sound I rarely hear.

I spun around once more, Mattheo's cold hands perfectly scripted onto my waist, my eyes full of lust remixed with sorrow and fear of what my future holds, of what our future clasps.

"Y/N?" Mattheo said softly, the words falling out of his lips effortlessly.

"Mhm?" I responded, still dancing with him.

"What if this whole thing..." He paused.

I shot him a confused look, tilting my head and smiling at him.

"What if it wasn't fake?" He spoke, his body inching closer to mine.

My lips parted, I went to speak but couldn't as a smile stopped me from speaking.

"It never felt fake." I breathed, my eyes flickering between his lips and his gaze.

"It was real to me." Mattheo smiled.

"Yeah." I laughed, "Me too."

I took a minute to admire our surroundings. The music, the singing of the birds, the sound of rain pattering against the hard floor. It was perfect, everything to the last molecule detail.

I watched as his eyes concentrated on my cold lips, the way his hazel eyes glistened with the reflection of the puddles on the ground nearby.

His body inched closer to mine. Butterflies pervaded my stomach as he closed the distance between us, our curls becoming more defined as the wetness of the rainwater captivated the curls on his head. My natural curls now seeping through the straight.

His lips crashed into mine, our lips intertwined together. Mattheo snaked one hand round my waist and rested the other on my cheek, protecting the bruise from earlier and shielding it from the heavy rain.

I'd never felt this way before. My kiss with Draco and Harry was utterly meaningless compared to this. This was the feeling I had been craving; and who knew it would be for the most feared wizard in our school?

A smirk crept across my lips as we both pulled away, Mattheo's hand still resting on my hip.

"How many guys have you kissed before me?" Mattheo joked.

I rolled my eyes at him and giggled slightly, "Two."

He gently raised an eyebrow, a smile tattooed onto his face.

"I guess third times a charm." I smiled lightly, leaning in once again and standing on my tiptoes to reach his face; upon noticing our notable height difference.

Heaven. 

I notice the sun setting in amongst the clouds, I turn my gaze back to Mattheo who was admiring my face and analyzing it like poetry.

"It's getting late." I whispered, the smile not leaving my face.

"It is." Mattheo replied, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear before using his thumb to guide my face to his.

"I should probably go to bed now." I grinned, my eyes still locking with his.

"You should."

"Are you even listening to me?" I laughed; covering my smile with my hands.

Mattheo gently took my hand and guided it away from my face before leaving a gentle kiss on my left hand.

Blood rushed into my cheeks and stained them pink.

He then leaned into my cheek before planting yet another kiss on my bruised cheek.

"Just kissing it better." He chuckled.

I giggled loudly and sighed, my dimples becoming more prominent.  "Goodnight Matt." 

He stared at my lips, then up at my eyes. "Goodnight Y/N."