Apology denied

I raced through the courtyards upon realising I was once again late to another class, I had Herbology now which is practically on the other side of the school.

I darted through corridors, forests and the castle to get there until I arrived at the distinctive greenhouse, heading inside and swiftly putting earmuffs on my ears; making it look like I had been here the whole time.

I smiled at Cedric whom was standing next to me, of COURSE he had already started moving the mandrake and I hadn't even put the soil in the pot.

Despite trying to distract myself via talking to Cedric, I couldn't help put ponder about Harry. I felt so incredibly bad for him but at the same time he was accusing me of liking Mattheo and Draco which... wasn't a lie.

I sighed vigorously, trying to once again get lost in conversation with Cedric who was currently telling me about a Hufflepuff party him and some of his mates were throwing and asking if I wanted to come. I mean, I hated most houses but the Hufflepuffs were always the sweetest and hey.. don't just a book by its cover, i'd heard some WILD things going on at Hufflepuff common room parties.

"Sure. I think I can make it." I smiled. "Mind if I bring a friend a long?" I asked, thinking of Malfoy.

"Sweet. The more the merrier." Cedric beamed.

The class went silent when Harry walked into the lesson, bloody nosed and bruised.

"Sorry I'm late professor. I was in the hospital wing." Harry gulped.

"Very well, quick quick, stand next to Ms Black over there." Professor sprout said, pointing directly at me.

For fuck sake.

I rolled my eyes, trying to act like I wasn't bothered by him.

I watched as Harry adjusted his glasses, rolled his sleeves up and reached for the soil, god it was so attractive when he rolled his sleeves up.

I could feel Harry pause when putting the soil inside the pot; I turned to look at him subtly.

"Didn't take you long did it?" He scoffed. 

I tilted my head slightly with a rather confused look on my face, "Sorry?" I asked.

"Your neck." He said, shaking his head and avoiding eye contact.

Shit. I had honestly forgot about the marks Draco left earlier.

"It's just from hair straighteners, Harry." I lied.

Harry sarcastically nodded. "Right."

There was an awkward moment of silence before he turned to me to say, "You hid me in a closet,  Y/N." 

I gulped, "That wasn't me, I'm sorry though."

Harry turned his gaze to me, "Y/N I convinced myself you weren't like the others, I convinced myself you weren't like the other Slytherins, but you are." He gulped.

My eyes met his.

"And you're just like the rest of the Gryffindors." I spat.

"You're a fucking snake." He seethed.

"And just like the rest of your house" I paused, "Your fucking sensitive."

Harry shook his head once again and threw the mandrake into the pot before wiping his hands on his trousers and excusing himself to the bathroom.

I looked down, intoxicated with guilt.

Cedric sensed my hurt and attempted to change the subject. 

"I heard about your dad Y/N, I'm sorry you must be going through a lot." He awkwardly grinned.

I nodded, "Thanks."

"Did you hear they're making us sleep in the dungeons tonight?" he asked.

I raised an eyebrow, "No I didn't, how come they're enforcing that?" I responded.

"Didn't you hear?" Cedric gulped. 

I shook my head.

"It's your dad, he's in the castle." he whispered, leaning into my ear.