Heart To Heart

My heart plummeted into my stomach.

"My-my dad?" I stuttered, holding onto my stomach purely out of the fear I may throw up.

Cedric nodded, looking saddened, ominously staring onto the floor and then looking up at me.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

I nodded, getting paler and paler. The more I thought about it; the more I could feel my heart blaze. My stomach was combusted with butterflies and fear all at once, an overstimulation of emotions basically sent me into a mental spiral.

Before I could give a verbal response to Cedric; the bell rang out and I watched as students dismissed themselves from the greenhouse and fled into the great hall, hoping to hear an update from Dumbledore on where each houses designated sleeping accommodation was.

I took a seat on an outside bench. The breeze glazing my hair and sending distinctive goosebumps down my neck. I felt the mascara run, a cold tear slowly crept down my face. I wasn't used to showing emotion; before all of this, I was known for being a heartless Slytherin who threw cool parties and rejected guys who practically drooled over me. But in reality? That could not be further from the truth.

I abruptly felt a cold thumb wipe away a tear. I looked up to see a certain Malfoy looking into my eye and pulling me in for a hug.

"So I take it someone told you?" Draco asked. "I only just found out myself."

I nodded, letting out a gentle sniffle and carefully letting my head fall on Dracos shoulder, allowing him to smoothly pat my head and comfort me.

"Maybe it isn't a bad thing you know." He said, pulling away and moving my head to look at him.

I tilted my head in confusion.

"I mean, you could meet your dad..." Draco added, trying his best to make the best of the situation.

"I know." I spoke, "I just don't know if I want to." I said, my voice cracking as I attempted to form words.

Draco once again embraced us together before taking my hand and saying, "Come on. I heard were sleeping in the dungeons tonight." 

I followed him, cupping his hands and trying to hide my sorrow from the other students walking past.

___________________________

*The next morning*

Sleeping in the dungeons was rough. Thanks to Draco's father, he had bought both Draco and I a queen sized bed each in our dorms. In the dungeons however? We all had to sleep on a used, dirty mattress that felt like sleeping on a slab of concrete, in fact I would even be surprised if you told me it was indeed a slab of concrete.

I woke up feeling possibly of the worst feelings a person can feel. A heavy heart and a nauseating stomach. A feeling of impending doom mixed with a distant feeling of a desperation of hope. 

I wanted to meet my father, eye to eye, face to face and heart to heart. But was he even my father if I'd never met him? Did he even see me as his daughter?

I knew of my fathers history, I knew he was perceived as a 'cold-blooded killer', and although I knew it wasn't true, was it that I couldn't believe it was true so I convinced myself it wasn't? 

I mean, was he even here for me, or was he here for Harry?

My head pulsated with thoughts my brain clinging on to every negative comment and dismissing the logical ones.

I headed toward a desolate space that sits at the shore of the black lake. I needed to get ready for my first lesson of the day; and as much as I needed a distraction, going to lesson was the last thing I needed right now.

This spot was one of those places I hadn't told anyone about, it was just me that knew about it as it's fairly hard to access and damn near impossible to find. I found it in my first year when playing hide in seek in the forbidden forest with Pansy, Draco, Blaise and Lorenzo. I hadn't heard from Lorenzo in awhile as he was on a trip but he'd still send the occasional hand-written letter to me and Draco.

I sat down on the grass, throwing rigged stones into the lake and watching which one went furthest. There was something so comforting about the feeling of early-morning, clean air. It just felt so refreshing, like a shot of espresso.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of distant rustling getting closer and closer to me, making me flinch and attentively whipping out my wand from Draco's Slytherin hoodie pocket.

It was a black dog, rather rigid looking. It's fur looking rough and its figure was tall and skinny.

I tilted my head and watching as the dog instantaneously morphed from animal to human.

My heart sunk into my chest when I realised this "dog" was no professor Mcgonogall shape-shifter, It was none other than, Sirius Black.

My father.