Get HIM back

After a torture-some hour of hanging out with Malfoy, I headed down to the greenhouses for Herbology, of course one of my favourite classes.
I couldn't tell if I actually liked Herbology because I was good at it, or liked it because Mattheo and Draco weren't in my class; either way it was still probably my favourite class alongside Defense Against The Dark Arts.

For once I was actually on time to Herbology, but of course Cedric was first, I don't know how this man did it but he was ALWAYS there before me.

"Hey Y/N, good summer?" Cedric beamed.

"Yeah, you?" I smiled.

"Good good. Im thinking of trying out for that Triwizard tournament thing Dumbledore was rambling about." Cedric grinned.

"Really?" I chuckled, "It sounded like a load of crap to me. I didn't even think you were old enough to volunteer." I added, swiftly writing down notes on Gillyweed on a piece of parchment.

"Hey, i'm two years older than you!" Cedric laughed, elbowing me.

"Wait seriously?" I said, my mouth gaping open, "I thought you were only one year above." I grinned, turning back round to the plant on the table.

"Yeah, seriously!" He giggled, his british accent becoming more prominent.

"The more you know." I smirked, raising my eyebrows and slightly tilting my head.

_____________________

After Herbology I headed to the Quidditch pitch, unfortunately for me there was a Quidditch game. Lorenzo and Theo had now joined the Slytherin team and taken their roles as Beater and Chaser and I felt as though I had to be there for them.

I took a seat in the Slytherin stands, feeling the cold September breeze race through my hair. I regrettably didn't bring a coat as I had forgotten it was no longer the same weather as it previously was in the Summer.

Pansy never attended the Quidditch matches so as always I was left alone. Until Mattheo arrived, of course. I guess I couldn't hide from him forever.

As he approached me it felt like a dementor had sucked the joy eternally out of me. God Mattheo really knew how to take energy out a room.
"What do you want, Riddle?" I spat.
"You out my fucking way." He responded, rolling his eyes.
I folded my arms, ignoring his demands and smirking at him, "I was here first. What's the saying for that again? Finders keepers, loosers..."
"What are you? 5?" He chuckled angrily.
I smirked at him and turned away back to the empty pitch, awaiting an announcement.
"And to think I kissed you in this exact spot." He scoffed.
"I rolled my eyes, "Mistakes happen. Guess that's why you were born."
Mattheo shook his head in disbelief. "That was a good one, especially for you." he replied.
"Backhanded, but i'll take it." I grinned.

I watched as the Slytherin team soured in unison onto the field, all on matching broomsticks and waving cockily at the opposing team. I put my hand on my forehead, trying to block out the sun shining directly into my eye and softly waved in Lorenzo's direction.
Watching quidditch matches were always hard. It made me miss my time as a Seeker that I'd stupidly given to Draco out of kindness in second year, not that he deserved it. For heaven sake he wasn't even that good at Quidditch. My fists clenched just thinking about it.
"What's wrong darling?" Mattheo grinned, clearly amused that I was upset.
"None of your business, Riddle. And don't call me that."
"Ah, now you have me intrigued." He laughed.
I rolled my eyes, "I'm just mad that I let Draco take my spot as Seeker, that bitch doesn't deserve it."
There was a brief moment of silence, I turned to Mattheo who had a wide grin painted on his face.
"What?" I asked. "Why are you smiling so hard?"
"I have an idea on how we could get him back." Mattheo snickered.
"Okay smartass, and how do you suppose we do that?" I said, putting emphasis on the 'we'.

I watched as Mattheo grinned at the floor and then looked up at me, trying not to laugh, I shot him a confused look.
"We fake date." He suggested.
"Ha-ha very funny." I said, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms.
"I'm being serious." He added.
"Right. And how do you suppose that will work? We don't even like eachother one bit, it won't be in the slightest believable." I spat.
"Good thing I'm good at acting." Mattheo responded, tilting his head. "So what so you say? We fake date to make Draco jealous."