Riddle me what?

Last night was a blur If I'm honest with you.

The only thing I can remember is the desperate scurrying of Slytherin students as we (attempted) to slip away from Snape; thankfully me and Draco got away before Snape caught a glimpse of us, though I cant say the same about other students.

I mean; I remember Draco being jealous over me and Harry, but that was about all I could remember as I'd taken one too many sips of my spiked drink.

God my head was pounding; this is most likely why I'd lost all recollection of last night.

Thankfully for me, Pansy had stolen a potion from Snape's cupboard that cured hangovers, me and Pansy went door to door, handing it out to our friends.

I crawled out of bed, throwing my duvet covers off of my bare legs and changed into my Slytherin robes, saddened that it wasn't a weekend so I couldn't wear my normal civilian clothing.

Just as I'm buttoning up my shirt; I noticed some silver eyes admiring me.

It's fucking Malfoy.

I strut over to the wooden door where he stands, he's leaning against the doorframe with a cigarette resting between his fingers. I threw my middle finger up at him and slam the door in his face.

the words "Fuck off you pervert." left my mouth. I rolled my eyes and rushed into the great hall; praying I wasn't late to breakfast.

I rapidly take a seat next to Pansy at the Slytherin table, flicking my hair to the back.

"I got you your favorite cereal." she smiled.

"Aw! You know me best P." I laughed, fidgeting around on the bench.

I scoffed it down as quickly as I could; we had Magical Creatures lesson with Hagrid in less than ten minutes and I had barely even woken up.

I glance up, my tired eyes meeting with a curly haired brunette. He had a deep cut carved onto the bridge of his nose and his jawline was exceedingly defined.

"Pansy?"

No reply.

"PSTTT, Pansy?!" I loudly whisper

"Yeah?" she looks at me, with cereal in her mouth. "What?"

"Who is um-?" ... "Who is that?" I said, pointing at him with my eyes.

"That's Mattheo Riddle, didn't anyone tell yo-"

"RIDDLE?" I yelp; then covering my mouth.

Everyone stops talking to look at me, then turning back round and continuing their conversations. Mattheo's mouth upturned.

"Y/N! You can't shout that out, god." Pansy laughed.

"He's a riddle though? Didn't we learn our lesson from last year with the whole... chamber of secrets thing may I remind you!?" I remark.

Pansy giggles, "Don't worry Y/N. If he was anything like his father than he wouldn't even be allowed to step foot on the school grounds. Let alone in the dining hall with Harry Potter opposite him."

I look down. "Seriously though? How can he be trusted? He just shows up here in third year? Bit strange. Don't you think?"

Pansy smiled, "He was kicked out of his old school for getting into a fight, nothing else."

"KICKED OUT? So he IS like his father."

"Y/N- seriously? Look at him."

He smiles and waves at us when we glance up at him, me and Pansy both share a look before smiling awkwardly and waving back at him.

"Okay maybe he's not that bad, but only 'cause he's hot." I say.

Pansy smirks.

"How do you know all this stuff anyways? I haven't heard a single thing about this Riddle guy." I query.

"Don't you read? It's all over the daily prophet, Dumbledores in big trouble by the Ministry for letting him in apparently; or atleast that's what my dad says." Pansy replied.

"I thought you said he was harmless?!" I cry, my eyes widening and my pupils shrinking.

I glance back down at my watch.

SHIT.

"Pansy! I gotta go love, I'll see you in potions yeah?" I spoke whilst frantically jumping out of my seat and gathering my bag.

"Of course, see you then!" She glanced up at me and waved.

I took a sneaky glance at Mattheo on my way out. Who knew the dark lord could birth something so attractive?

_______________________________

I'd finally made it to Magical Creatures class. Last year we did our classes in some dusty, ragged old classroom, but we were actually outside this year, experimenting with genuine animals rather than flicking through a textbook that hadn't been updated since my dad was imprisoned.

Malfoy and Potter were in my class. Gosh I already knew this would be awkward.

At least Hagrid was there though, I mean Draco hated him for whatever reason but he was always sweet to me and Harry so I didn't mind spending the rest of the year with him.

Hagrid began to hand out the books, informing us to stroke the spine before opening it up; good thing he did, these books were alive!

I watched in sorrow as Neville was attacked by a book, watching him as he struggled on the floor and his shirt being torn to pieces. Poor guy.

"I think they're funny." Hermione said with a sarcastic tone.

"Oh yeah.. terribly funny! Really witty! God this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears that Dumbledore's got these oaf-teaching classes!" I heard a familiar voice say beside me.

It took me a minute to realize who he was directing the conversation to.

Great. Fucking great.

"Shut up Malfoy." Harry sternly said, taking his backpack off.

It could not get more awkward then this. And just as I thought so, a certain Slytherin came storming into the lesson.

"Sorry I'm late professor." Mattheo said, "I got lost and um... had some business to take care of." He said whilst wiping the blood of his cheek with his thumb.

It just got a shit tons more awkward.