Fake

I watched as the waitresses eyes widened, her pupils shrinking with horror. 

I'd forgotten about Mattheos father and his reputation.

"Right." The waitress replied, loudly clearing her throat, "Follow me please."

Mattheo gently nodded at me, indicating for me to come with him. My eyes fixated on his dark curls and perfectly crafted ringlets. This bitch definitely has a curly hair routine.

We came to a halt at a rounded, circular table. It had a satin white sheet carefully thrown across it, along with a candle as the center piece of the surface. Me and Mattheo both thanked the waiter as she dished out our menus before departing.

"I have to say.." I smiled, "I didn't expect this from you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Mattheo laughed, seemingly offended.

"I don't know!" I stuttered, hiding my smile, "I didn't think you were such a romantic guy."

"Don't judge a book by its cover then." Mattheo grinned, biting his lip and leaning back in his chair.

I rolled my eyes.

A fair few minutes ticked by, me and Mattheo had briefly struck conversation and ordered matching steaks. I was still in shock, I mean this restaurant was 'hella fancy.

"You know..." I smirked, toying with my fork.

"Oh no. This can't be good." Mattheo joked, making me roll my eyes at him once again.

"I have to tell you a secret." I grinned, raising an eyebrow.

Mattheo gulped, his Adams apple more prominent, "Go on..."

"I never slept with Draco." I laughed.

Mattheo's eyebrow rose, him blinking blankly at me.

"Or Harry." I added.

Mattheo threw his hand over his mouth, choking and punching his chest, breathing the words, "You WHAT?!"

I giggled, "Come on. I was 14 Mattheo." I said, shaking my head, "I only really made out with them. The closest I got was an unbuttoned shirt."

Mattheo shook his head at me and smiled. God he was so attractive.

"I told Pansy I slept with Draco and Harry because I enjoyed your jealousy, I hoped you'd find out and get mad, which it did." I leered, "Your cute when your all jealous and shit."

"Un-fucking-believable." Matt replied, pursing his lips and once again carelessly leaning back in his chair, bucking his hips forward.

"For some reason Harry didn't even tell people we didn't sleep together. I think he enjoyed flexing about it if you ask me." I shrugged.

"Oh please. He LOVED the attention. He literally told everyone in Gryffindor that you guys slept together." He scoffed.

"I'm sure he did." I smiled cockily, tilting my head at him, watching the waitress approach us and set two large steaks directly in front of us.

"Have a good night." The waitress smiled before dusting off her apron and walking away.

Mattheo nodded a thank you, before turning his gaze back to me. His eyes matching mine.

"So, I invited you to this dinner so we could talk about our fake relationship." Mattheo sighed.

The words, 'fake' echoed in my mind. Why did part of me want this to be real?

"Right." I smiled faintly.

"We need to hang out more together. At the moment the most we do is sit next to eachother on the grass at lunch." He added.

I nodded in agreement, reaching for my glass of sparkling water and took a small sip.

"I'm thinking we study after school together, go on more fake dates, stuff like that." Matt continued, "If you could maybe come to my Quidditch matches that would be good too."

"Your on the quiditch team now?" I yelled slightly, almost choking on my drink.

"Mhm." He grinned.

"Great, so now I have to watch these Quidditch matches alone." I said, placing my water back on the table cloth.

"And I think we need to start having more physical contact, if that's okay with you of course." He added, now looking directly at me rather than his steak.

His once cold glare turned warm. His hardened gaze now soft.

I nodded, "Sure, but no kissing because I swear to god-"

____________________________

*An hour later*

The rain shattered onto the concrete, making me and Mattheo sprint from Hagrid's hut to a nearby courtyard, our laughs bouncing off the brick walls and ringing through the halls.

"That was fun." I smiled at Mattheo, panting tiredly and putting my hands on my knees, exasperated.

"It was." He replied, biting his cheek to hide his not-so-hidden smile.

There was a warm, comforting silence. He studied my eyes like a constellation of stars, like he was an artist and I was the muse.

I laughed.

The sound of echoing, nearing footsteps began to become more prominent, edging just closer and closer. It sounded like Filtch.

Mattheo's finger met my lips, a polite way of telling me to shut up. I smirked beneath his fingertips, grinning at the thought of us getting caught.

"Your invisibility cloak." He whispered, "Did you bring it?"

I nodded, taking it out from my bag and pulling it over our heads, softly tip-toeing our way through the corridors, up the stairs and outside the Slytherin common room.

He pulled the cloak off of us, revealing his face dripping with rainwater.

I smiled up at him once more, now noticing our distinctive height difference.

"Oh uh.." Mattheo hesitated, taking his hoodie off and handing it to me, "Thought you might want this." He gulped.

I nodded again, taking it from his hand and pulling it over my body.

"It looks good on you." He spoke, eying me up and down and forcing back a smile.

"Thank you."

"Goodnight." Matt whispered, scratching the back of his neck. 

"Night." I whispered back tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and watching as his body faded into the archway and disappeared.

I yawned in exhaustion, slouching as I hiked up the stairs into my dorm.

Pansy was in a deep, drowsy sleep, her duvet covers covering her face so only her hair was visible. I flopped onto my own bed, staring at the ceiling and enjoying the comfort from the mattress as it supported my back completely.

I picked at my nails, the memories of today clouding my mind; going through the pros and cons in my head, but my mind began to fog up the cons and only focus on the pros, I guess that's what happens when your in love.

Wait- was I in love?
I can't be...

It's Mattheo. There's no way I've fallen in love with fucking Mattheo Riddle.

Had I?

I was being stupid. It's a fake relationship, nothing else.

My brain emphasizing the word 'fake.'

Fake. It echoed.

It was all fake.