Let the light in..

That night I slipped under the covers; my dorm room was empty. Pansy was out partying and I'm taking a guess that the boys are doing an overnight detention with Mcgonogall.

I stared up at the ceiling, unseeing, as the rain pattered against the window. I couldn't sleep, my mind pulsing with thoughts of everything that had gone wrong this week; especially today. I felt so alone, not lonely, just alone. A cold tear escaped onto my cheek. Did my dad really escape? Was I finally going to meet him? Was this all just a hoax or some stupid fake news spread for the pure intention of scaring us, or in my case, giving me hope?

Did my dad even love me? I pondered to myself as I felt my eyes get heavier and heavier, drifting me into possibly one of the most well deserved sleep of my life.

 ___________________

I woke up the next morning with black mascara hugging my under eyes and the sun seeping through the crack of the dorm room window. Despite being utterly sorrowful, the warmth from the sun rays shining onto my face was somewhat comforting.

Suddenly, the words, "Morning sleepyhead." crept up next to me as I felt a certain Pansy Parkinson sit down on the end of my bed.

I rubbed my eyes and slowly sat up, smiling slightly. "What time is it? Don't tell me i've overslept for fucks sake." I asked.

"You've only missed Potions an and divinations class." Pansy smirked, taking a hit of her cigarette.

"WHAT? And you didn't wake me up?!" I yelled, quickly unwrapping the covers off of my legs and springing out of bed.

"I could tell you needed your beauty sleep. I wasn't going to let you sit in a class with Matt and Draco anyways." Pansy smirked.

"I missed my potions quiz and assignment hand-in date Pansy..." I frowned, buttoning up my blouse i'd found on the floor and doing my tie up.

"Oh girl please. Relax. I told them you were sick and needed rest." She responded, picking up my books and putting them in my hands.

"You have herbology now." She added.

I sighed, taking a seat on my bed. "Right. Herbology."

________________

Upon arriving at herbology, I was lucky enough to come across the realisation that Malfoy and Riddle were in fact not in my herbology class. However Harry was.

As I walked over to an older looking hufflepuff, I could feel everyone's eyes project onto me, gawking me and whispering amongst eachother. I knew what they were saying, it was about my father. I didn't look at Harry but I can imagine him just staring at the floor, avoiding eye contact.

"Hi." The hufflepuff smiled.

"Hi..." I awkwardly smiled back, turning to look at him,

"My names Cedric. Cedric diggory." He beamed, holding his hand out for me to shake.

I shook his hand, "I'm Y/N-"

"Y/N Black right?" he asked. "Forgive me, It's just your father-"

"I know." I said, looking down at the floor. "No need to apologise, seems like everyone knows by now anyways huh? I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah. Rumour has it you're almost as famous as Harry Potter." He whispered in my ear.

I giggled slightly, "Let's not go there." I said; looking back up at our Professor.

I felt so uncomfortable the entirety of herbology, the way everyone's eyes were on me, watching my every gesture, my every move. They looked at me the same way everyone looks at my father, like I'm a monster.

__________________________

After herbology, I headed towards my dorm and sat in my bed. Thankfully yet again our dorm was empty as I believe everyone was in class and I had a free period. 

I pulled headphones onto my head and layed down onto my back, closing my eyes and enjoying the sweet sound of music, I was soon interrupted by someone walking into my dorm.

It was Mattheo.

There he was, black eyed, beaten up and an innumerable amount of fresh cuts styling his face.

I sat up in my bed, turning to look at him. Somehow despite the cuts on his face, he still looked hot as fuck.

"Can I help you?" I smiled.

"No. I came here to apologise." He replied, taking a seat at the end of my bed and crossing his arms.

"Oh." I gulped, looking down at the floor.

"What are you listening to?" He smiled, taking the headphones off of my head and putting them on his ears.

A brief moment of silence whilst he looked at the ground, smiling.

"I love the smiths." Mattheo smirked.

I blushed. "Me too."