Chapter thirty-seven

Romeo Lianni's POV

"Rome." Miguel's voice spoke softly from my left. Him, me and Zero were all stood staring at the photo pinned to the concrete wall.

Pollie. My Pollie.

It was her side profile taken of her in yesterday's clothes. She must've been on her lunch break or some shit, but that didn't matter now.

What mattered now is that these people, these pieces of scum, are following Pollie to get to me.

And that shit is not ok.

Come at me? Yeah, fair play to you. Come at my girlfriend? See what happens.

I ripped the picture from the wall, leaving the rest of my men stunned and confused as to what was going on.

"Romeo wait, we need to be smart about this." Zero called out as I strode out of the building.

I ignored him, storming towards the drivers door before I was grabbed from behind. "You have three seconds to fuck the hell off." I seethed, shoulders rising and falling in warning.

"Rome, please just slow down." I turned to face Zero, as I lashed out verbally.

"Slow down? Z, these fuckers obviously set this whole thing up to get me away from her?! I can't sit down and waste any more time that I may have to save her, who knows what they're capable of!"

He pressed his hands to each of my shoulders. "I get it." I shot him a look which he rolled his eyes at and shoved me for. "I do get it Rome, Pollie is important to all of us, so that's why we've gotta be smart about this."

Miguel stood beside Zero. "He's right bro. Why don't you try calling her first, then if she doesn't answer, I give you permission to go batshit."

Reluctantly, I agreed. "Fine. But we're driving whilst calling her - no fucking objections."

I shrugged them off before jumping in the drivers door, my team following suit, blind to what was going on.

And whilst Zero pulled up her contact, I heard Miguel muttering what was happening to the guys through the headset he was wearing.

I swear to god if anything happens to my Stell, I will personally wreak hell on earth to anyone who gets in my way.

Her contact name lit up the screen in the centre console. Every ring was painful, the grip I had on the steering wheel was deathly and I was so tense I could've popped a vein.

But then the ringing ended and the call went to answer phone.

"Shit." Zero hissed out at the same time I cursed. I knew he was struggling more than he was letting on, this whole unknown idea of Poll being in danger was messing with his anxiety.

"Guys, we're gonna get to her ok?" Miguel tried to assure from the backseat, but even he sounded concerned.

"Just keep trying her."

My foot hit the gas, accelerating at every chance I got. And if I were any normal civilian, I would be worried about a speeding ticket but since I own this fucking city, no one's gonna mess with me.