Ahaan Singhania

RUHAN

"Mom, Khushi we're home", I shouted as me and my father entered the house.

" Long day boys?", mom said kissing my forehead and I nodded.

" Khushiiiiii"

She still didn't come.

"Kushiiiiiii are you coming or I ..."

" Ruhan... I was in the washroom ... what's wrong with you?", she cut me off.

I grabbed her and pulled her onto my lap as soon as she came into the living room. She tried to fight me off but I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

" Ruhan please", she whispered.

I kissed her cheeks and buried my head under her neck.

"Don't worry beta. We are so happy that he found you. We thought he would never be our old Ruhan after that psycho girl almost killed him" " Mom said with pity.

" Mom please stop "

" No beta she really needs to know how grateful we are to her", Dad added.

" Killed him?", she asked surprisingly.

I looked at my wife, she was worried. I never told her the whole story. I never wanted to.

" Yes, there was a girl in his college. She approached Ruhan and Ruhan also liked her so they started dating but soon we found out she was obsessed with him She used to do crazy things. One time she tried to attempt suicide when Ruhan stopped talking to her. Later she tried to kill Ruhan saying that she won't let him be with anyone. Thank god she is now in the mental facility"

Why can't my mom keep anything to her?

" What?? But you said.. you said that she was after your money", she questioned.

" I .... I .... I am sorry I lied", I admitted knowing that now was the time I told her the truth.

She jumped out of my lap and walked away.

"Why Mom?", I asked annoyingly as I followed her.

" Khushiii..  Khushii", I kept calling her but she didn't stop.

"Khushi wait.... please listen to me"

She just jumped on the bed and covered herself with the blanket as she went to our room.

" Hey please listen to me", I tried to uncover her face.

" Please... talk to me, baby "

She finally let me see her face. She was already crying.

" Please don't cry... I am sorry ... I am sorry", I said kissing her forehead. I felt so bad for doing this to her but I was just trying to protect her. I didn't want her to know about my ugly past.

She is all that matters now.

" Why did you lie to me?", she asked with a cracking voice.

" I am sorry I just didn't want you to worry about it"

" Did she ever hurt you ?"

I didn't want to answer her question because it was not pretty and I wouldn't dare to lie to her right now. So I nodded slightly.

" She stabbed me once"

" That... that mark... is it?? I thought it was a birthmark", she started crying as I nodded.

She never lived in a dark world yet she thought her attitude and big mouth were the darkest parts of her. She had not seen the bad side of the world... The murders... The scandals... the torture... and so many ugly things.

Her parents always protected her from darkworld and it was now my responsibility to do the same. Though I failed once, I never want to fail again.

She hugged me tightly and apologized.
" I am sorry that you had to go through this Ruhan... I wish I could take all the pain you felt", she cried.

She did have similar experience with obsessed admirers so she knew exactly how I felt.

" Shhhh.. I would never want that ", I said gently rubbing her back.

" Now stop crying and tell me about your day, how was your work?", I asked to distract her.

She took some time to stabilize herself and told me everything about the guy who almost suffocated her in the elevator turned out to be the boss who fired her and rehired her after finding out she was my wife. And damn he had the fucking audacity to offer her a PA job?? Fuck him.

Wowwww!!!

" What's his name?", I inquired.

" Ahan Singhania. He also asked about Rohan... he said that they know each other from way back", she told me.

" Yeah.. that name rings a bell... he and Rohan used to be inseparable. I think they were best friends for a while and then Rohan ran away so I don't what happened", I told her

" I called to ask Rohan but we couldn't talk because there was some network issue"

" So what are you thinking... you want to take the job or not?", I asked her.

" I don't know Ruhan I think I can do more than a PA but right now I don't have any other job to turn to so I guess I should take this one until I find another", she admitted.

" Yeah I think you're right"

" I will go talk to Mom and Dad and see what they think", she said

" Okay.. let's talk at dinner", I suggested and we walked back to the kitchen.

Author's note:
Hello readers, I hope you're enjoying it. Do comment and vote:)

Sorry for the short chapter. See you at the next one