Rohan

RUHAN

 I had so much pending work back at the Mumbai office so I insisted on leaving the day after Puja. 

My mom forgave my brother for everything so she asked him to home with us.

>>

The next day

Khushi and I hadn't had much time to talk yesterday as she was playing with little Khushi and always surrounded by my family. I just wanted to take her home, to our home where I can finally start my life with others. I can't wait to take her home.

I helped each other pack things. We said our goodbyes to Suhani, Siddhant, and my little angel.

Khushi had told me yesterday that they had talked and made amends, and I couldn't help but feel relieved. No longer would I have to juggle myself between my best friend and my wife?

"Let's go", I declared to my family.

We said goodbye to everyone and touched Dadi's feet.

>>

We landed in Mumbai around 3 pm.

As we reached home, my parents stopped at the door. My mom was more excited than the day we brought Khushi to Dadi's home. 

I could see the house was cleaned and decorated with flowers and mango leaves, there were rangolis all around the house. It finally hit me that I am now a married man.

The entrance is adorned with a toran made of flowers and leaves.

As my mom came with Aarti in her hands, she performed the ritual to ward off evil spirits and to bless my bride.

Then she placed a copper kalash filled with rice. My mom asked her to gently tip the Kalash with her right leg. As Khushi did that, she placed a big plate filled with vermilion and water in front of her.

My mom guided her to dip both of her feet in the plate, then enter the house, walking on the beautifully embroidered white cloth.

"What about me, huh? Did you forget you have a son too?" I teased my parents playfully, feeling a twinge of jest in the air as the attention seemed solely focused on Khushi's arrival.

"Our family has a habit of forgetting their sons," my brother quipped, adding to the banter with a mischievous grin.

I shot him a narrowed glance, a silent warning to shut his mouth.

As I stood at the door, I could see my wife's footprints on that white cloth. I felt so complete at the moment. It was as if all the pieces of my life had finally fallen into place, and my goddess was now home where she belonged.

As she stepped off the cloth, We both touched our parent's feet and asked for blessings. Then, Khushi turned to me, her expression filled with respect and love. I anticipated her next move - she was going to touch my feet, a gesture of reverence often seen in our culture.

Before she could bend down, I instinctively stepped backward, halting her action. I couldn't bear the thought of her bowing down to me; she was my goddess, how could I allow her to touch my feet?

 With a sense of love and respect, I sank to my knees and bowed my head, touching her feet before she could even realize what I was doing.

"Ruhan stop", she tried to stop me but I didn't.

I looked up into her eyes, my own filled with sincerity and adoration. "You are my goddess," I whispered softly, my voice trembling with emotion. "I bow to you not as a husband, but as a devotee, humbled by your presence in my life."