Reunion

RUHAN

As I glanced around, scanning the room for a waiter, my eyes landed on a girl nearby. It was her! The girl from the club whose ring I had found. My heart skipped a beat because never in my wild dreams I imagined that I would see her again after so many months.

I decided to talk to her. I went to her table and cleared my throat to get her attention. She looked at me. As our eyes met, I could feel a surge of nerves coursing through me.

"I know this might sound a bit strange, but I saw you at a club a few months ago. You dropped your ring that day, the one with evil eye surrounded by diamonds and I happened to find it", I said.

I saw her eyes lit up after a moment of hesitation and confusion. 

"Really? You have it?" she exclaimed, her voice filled with hope.

"Actually I don't have it with me right now, it's at home but if you could give me your address and your number I'll get it delivered to you", I suggested.

She hesitated a bit but then she gave me her address and her number so that I could keep her updated. I was surprised to discover that it was Sid's university. With a slight furrow of my brow, I couldn't help but wonder about the connection of How small the world is. I  asked her if she studied there.

She nodded in confirmation. I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable so I didn't ask her any questions further.

I said goodbye to her and her friend and went back to my seat. I quickly grabbed my phone and called Sid.

"Sid, you won't believe what just happened today!! Remember that girl I mentioned months ago.."

"Are you still on about that, Ruhan... Come on, man! Grow up! What's wrong with you? Why are you so fixated on this girl?", he snapped before I could complete.

"Chill, Sid," I retorted in a cold tone, "I simply ran into her and informed her about returning her ring. The fact that her address turned out to be your university is why I called you. But looks like you're busy. Give me a call when you're prepared to explain why you've been acting so differently lately. Screw you!", I  said in an angry tone and hung up the phone.

I finished my dinner and headed home. As I rode back, a sense of relief washed over me at the thought of finally being able to return her ring. Yet, underlying that happiness was a lingering worry about Sid's unusual behavior. I knew I had to confront him, as he wouldn't open up easily.

Determined to address the issue, I decided to meet Sid face-to-face and demand an explanation for his recent behavior. Delivering the ring myself would serve as a convenient excuse for the meeting.

Leaving a text for both the girl and Sid individually, I informed them that I would meet them at 6:30 pm at their campus the following day.

I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far