Warning

KHUSHI

I became aware of my consciousness returning. Sensations flooded back, and I could feel my body once more. I was not dead! YAY! Attempting to open my eyes proved futile; I lacked the strength. Similarly, my attempts to move my hands were met with resistance; someone was holding them. Voices drifted around me, but their words seemed to slip past my comprehension as if my mind struggled to grasp their meaning.

Summoning every ounce of remaining strength, I made another attempt to pry my eyes open. With a determined effort, I willed my eyelids to part, slowly revealing the world around me. My vision was blurred but I could see so many figures surrounding me, but I failed to recognize their faces.

As my vision gradually sharpened, the contours of concerned faces came into focus, hovering above me. Among them, I recognized the reassuring smiles of my parents, the lingering worry on my sister's face, Devansh accompanied by his parents, and the attending doctor. Yet, amidst the familiar faces, a wave of surprise washed over me as I noticed Ruhan's presence. With a soft smile, I realized that I could finally express my love to my family and surprise Ruhan with a promise ring.

"Are you okay?", I heard my parent's voice. I couldn't move even though I felt my body so I just blinked. They started crying. Oh my god, my parents are always emotional. I did not want them to cry so I managed to whisper slowly, "Oh! Please stop crying please" and rolled my eyes.

"Stop rolling your eyes or I'll punch in your stomach right now", my sister said angrily and I almost laughed but oh fuck my stomach hurts. Wow, I can't even laugh now! 

I looked at Devansh, calling him bhai made me sick. He looked worried or he maybe was just acting. I am gonna make him pay for what he did to me. I almost died because of this bastard. I glared at him and he left the room. His mother followed her. His father said, "Take care beta" and he followed them. 

My parents asked me so many questions about how I was feeling or if I needed something. I just replied with nods and blinks. 

I wanted to tell my parents of Devansh's twisted intentions but right now, I couldn't bother them.

 I could see Ruhan with his parents. He was standing in the corner. I could see tears in his eyes, he was scared to even look at me.

"I am fine I promise Ruhan", I whispered slowly. 

He finally lifted his face and ran to me. Cupping my face gently in his hands, he leaned closer, pressing his forehead against mine. Tears welled in his eyes. He kept crying until I felt his tears falling on my face.

"Eww, Ruhan, you don't have to bathe my face with your tears," I teased gently, attempting to lighten the heavy atmosphere. He let out a laugh, 'I am sorry", he said planting a kiss on my head.

I realized I was changed into a hospital gown and my jeans were lying in the chair next to him. I pointed at my jeans. He didnt realize what I was pointing at so my mom helped him, 'Her jeans'.

Moms know everything don't they?

He picked it up and waited for me to say something. "Pocket", I whispered. He quickly checked the pocket. There it was, the promise rings I had bought for us. He looked at me in confusion.

'I am sorry I couldn't find adjustable ones so I asked the shopkeeper to put them in a necklace, the one that you left was too expensive, I can't have that", I whispered.

He was still confused.

"They're promise rings", I whispered and smiled softly. I would've laughed at him under normal circumstances as this smart billionaire was so dumb to not figure out what he was holding.