Control

KHUSHI

I felt comfort in his arms. I could feel and hear his heart beating faster on his bare chest. Being close to him, in his arms is what I craved for, for long but still I felt empty. If I let myself feel something, everything that happened last night will come back to me and I didn't want that. I just wanted to go home but I didn't dare to see pity in my family's eyes for me after I told them what had happened.

He cupped my face after I stopped crying. He said "Look at me", lifting my face.

"I am sorry you had to go through this but I promise you Red... as long as I'm breathing, I'll ensure no harm befalls you", he said protectively and kissed my forehead.

Ruhan entered the house. The moment Siddhanth saw him, I thought he would let go of me but he didn't. 

"You will stay here with us, your attendance and assignments will be taken care of", he said with a straight face taking a seat on the sofa. 

I looked at him, puzzled. "I spoke to the dean, he'll handle everything. You're not going anywhere until we're certain you're mentally and physically prepared to resume your life," he declared firmly.

"Do you need Suhani here? Otherwise, I can ask her to stay here and get back to classes", Siddhant asked.

I didn't want her to miss her classes because of me. I decided to call her and talk to her.

Ruhan handed me my phone and I went to the balcony. I called her.

"Suhani", I said as she picked up.

"Hi, Khushi... sorry I left, but I'll be there soon. I came here to collect some of your stuff. I promise I'll be back soon," she said, worried.

"It's okay... you don't have to come back here. I am fine. Please don't miss classes for me. I promise if I need anything, I'll call you. I promise"

"I don't care about the classes Khushi... I care about you!! Shut up... I am coming there", she said angrily.

Before I could say anything, Ruhan took the phone from me and ordered Suhani to stay there. He assured her that I would be in good hands and promised that she would be informed if she was needed and hung up.

"Thank you for talking to the dean Ruhan though it wasn't necessary. I am going back to classes from tomorrow anyway because I missed a lot of classes when I was sick and now this. I don't want to miss anything anymore", I said politely.

"You're not going anywhere", he ordered in a cold tone and walked back inside.

"I want to go and I will", I snatched my phone from Ruhan's hand and started walking toward the door but Ruhan stopped me. His grip was tight and he was hurting me. I looked at Siddhant "Tell him to let me go Siddhant", I begged.

"He's right", Siddhant replied turning away. He started walking towards his bedroom and disappeared.

I hated both of them because they were trying to control me and I hate control until it's me who's pulling the strings.

I went back to Ruhan's bedroom. I spent some time exploring his room but I got bored and fell asleep.

>>

Cold fingers caressed my face, pushing my hair strands behind my ear, and felt warm lips on my forehead. I opened my eyes in haste after I realized it was not a dream. I looked around but there was no one. 

It was midnight I slept the whole day.

I was thirsty so I got out of bed and went to the kitchen. I peeked into Siddhant's open room on my way to the kitchen. Siddhant wasn't there and Ruhan was in deep sleep. I could run away right now, but they both belong to powerful families, and there is no corner in this world that they wouldn't unravel to find anyone if they wanted to.

I sighed and went to the kitchen. I opened the refrigerator and took out a water bottle. As I opened the cap of the bottle I noticed ointment on the scar.

"I am sorry for that" a voice came from behind. I was startled. I turned to find Ruhan standing behind me. I was upset because of the way he treated me before so I ignored him.

He blocked my way as I started walking out of the kitchen. He was very close to me and was breathing heavily. He apologized again, "I am sorry I didn't want to hurt you Khushi" in a husky voice. 

"That guy..", I began

"We took care of it", he said moving out of my way.

"What do you mean?", I asked

He didn't answer me and walked back into Siddhant's bedroom. I went back to Ruhan's room and fell asleep