Confession

SIDDHANT

After I told the truth to Ruhan we barely talked. But after almost a month, we all were together watching a movie. I have not felt such joy in such a long time. 

"From her behavior, I assume you guys haven't told her the truth yet", I froze the moment I heard this sentence from Ruhan.

Suhani abruptly stood up from the couch, packed her things, and started leaving. Looking at Suhani's face I can tell something was wrong. Red has peacefully fallen asleep in Ruhan's arm so right now I only had to worry about Suhani. I wanted to talk to her so I followed Suhani.

"Suhani ... wait!!", I called her but she didn't stop and walked out of the house. 

"Suhani, hold on a sec. Can we talk? Please?" I pleaded, my hand reaching out to gently stop her from leaving.

"What", she said in an angry tone.

"What going on?", I asked.

"Nothing... Just let me go"

"No... You're not going anywhere until you tell me what's going on?"

"Don't act like you don't know it Sid!", she snapped.

"I feel angry and guilty every time I see Red too but what's done is done Suhani, It was a mistake and we both know it. It didn't mean anything, right? So why make a big deal out of it?", I questioned her.

"Is that what you think Sid? How easily you say that it didn't mean anything?", she said with disappointment.

"It might not mean anything to you Sid but it meant everything to me. I fucking lost my virginity to you because I love you. I have been in love with you from the moment I saw you in the mess on the first day and you say it didn't mean anything? Of course, why would you care? You are always fucking different girls because you know can't touch Khushi", she screamed, her words dripping with anger, disappointment, pain, and hurt.

My jaw dropped. I opened my mouth twice but no words came out.

"What are you saying", I managed to say while processing whatever she just said.

"Yes, Sid, I love you," she said, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"But why didn't you tell me before?" I asked, my voice trembling with a mix of astonishment and confusion.

"How could I, Sid? I've seen the way you look at Khushi. You love her. It's been evident from the start, even if you didn't realize it because it's a feeling you've never experienced before. Khushi has finally started to let her guard down and allow you into her heart... How could I possibly hurt her? I love her, Sid," Suhani confessed, her voice heavy with emotion.

As Suhani's words sank in, a flood of emotions surged within me. Guilt, confusion, and a newfound sense of understanding mingled together, leaving me at a loss for words.

"I... I didn't realize..." I stammered, struggling to articulate my thoughts amidst the whirlwind of emotions.

"You treated me like one of the girls that you fuck now and then even though I was your best friend. That is what broke my heart, Sid. I was your best friend but that night... that night made me realize that you'll always be a playboy because you can't even stay loyal to the girl you love. Deep down I always knew who you really were but as your best friend I never cared about it and trusted you. I was so naive to think that you actually cared about me or Khushi but you're just a rich spoiled fuckboy. You don't deserve either of us you asshole!! "

She left after that.

Feeling frustrated and concerned, I watched her walk away until she disappeared from sight.

My mind failed to understand what just happened here. She was right. I am nothing. I hurt the three most important people in my life. I disappointed Ruhan and Red and I hurt Suhani. Everything she said was true. She was right, I don't deserve them.

>>

Another month passed after that, and our exams had begun. I was so drowned in my guilt that I stopped talking to everybody. Suhani was not talking to me, Red was kept in the dark from all of this and I told Ruhan everything.

With my sister's wedding approaching, Suhani made the decision to attend, despite the strain between us. It was important to her that Khushi didn't suspect anything amiss, especially with her exams underway. So, in front of Khushi, Suhani and I pretended everything was normal, hiding our turmoil behind forced smiles and casual conversations.

Ruhan was worried about me so he decided to help me study but despite Ruhan's attempts to help me study, my mind remained clouded, unable to focus on anything but the overwhelming guilt and confusion that plagued me.

I managed to just take all the exams somehow.

As soon as I completed my last exam, I took a flight straight to the wedding venue without saying anything to the girls. Ruhan knew everything and he was only emotional support. Before leaving, I sent a text to the girls, informing them that the wedding ceremonies would commence in a week and last for three days, advising them to pack accordingly.

>>

As I landed, my sister was waiting for me outside the airport. She had come to pick me up. We directly went for shopping as my clothes were still not ready. We spent the whole day shopping for everyone and ended our day with a nice dinner.