Sister

KHUSHI

I waited for hours, I finally heard the door unlocked. 

"Khushi baccha, I have brought dinner for you. It's already too late you might be hungry", his mother said entering the room. Behind her, Devansh bhai followed, his expression unreadable.

I looked at the wall clock hanging in the room. It was already midnight. This bastard kept me locked so hours.

Seeing his face, I struggled to contain my flustered emotions, anger simmered beneath the surface, and tears pricked at the corners of my eyes. "Why did you lock me in?"

Again no answer!

"What did I do to you bhai? Why are treating me like this?", I raised my voice.

His eyes grew red, he walked closer and held my hand so tightly, that he was hurting me.

"Don't you ever dare raise your voice against me", he growled and pushed me towards the wall, my head hitting the hard surface.

"Ahhhh", I hissed out of pain as tears swelled up in my eyes.

"Don't you dare do something like that to her, ever again", his mother said slapping him.

He looked at me with guilt, realizing what he did. He tried to take a look where I was hurt but I stepped back in fear. If he could push me just for raising my voice, he sure could beat me if I did something he didn't want me to. I couldn't trust him anymore.

"Is this how you will love her? By scaring her? ", his mother's words echoed in my mind.

What? What the fuck? love? Why did she say that? I looked at his mother in confusion.

"I want to go home", I whimpered as I started walking out of the room with tears.

But before I could make my escape, Devansh bhai intervened, With a few swift steps, he moved ahead of me firmly closed the door, and swiftly placed the door stopper which was out of my reach.

As I strained on my tiptoes, reaching desperately for the door stopper, a sinking realization washed over me—I was too short to reach it.

"You're not going anywhere", he said firmly.

I burst into tears as I begged him to open the door.

"Please stop crying love please, I can't see you cry. This is for your good. You don't understand it now but you will soon. I promise", he said walking closer to me.

He lifted my chin and said, "I am just trying to protect you love I promise. I am sorry that I hurt you", his eyes filled with worry. He stared into my eyes and leaned in closer, his eyes traced the contours of my face before settling on my lips. He was breathless and trembling. He caressed my lips gently with his thumb. He leaned in closer despite of how I tried to push him away.

He was so sick. He wants to kiss me. How could he even think about something like that? He was trying to kiss me, his sister in front of his mother, and she didnt even flinch. They are psycho.

"Fuck you! You're so sick, Devansh bhai. You're my brother, for God's sake. How could you even think of this?" I said, my disappointment evident as I pushed him away.

"I'm not sick, you naive fool. I love you," he retorted through clenched teeth.

My mind froze at these words but I needed to think quickly. I knew him and his kind very well. These psychos get obsessed with someone and then kill them and move on to the next with they get rejected. Now I realized why my every little cut burned him from inside because this sick asshole was doing it out of obsession and lust not because he was my brother.