New Perception

KHUSHI

I didn't want his help. I just wanted to go home. He insisted on helping me but I couldn't bring myself to accept anyone's help, consumed by my pride and sense of self-worth. Giving everything to others throughout my life, being on the receiving end never felt right.

I didn't want to argue, I didn't have any strength left in me. Thank god he gave up.

He held my hand. I didn't like that but he was just trying to help and I wanted some support so let him. We started walking towards the dorm.

"Why aren't you flirting today?" I asked Siddhant, trying to lighten the mood.

"Because I'm a gentleman," he quipped, his tone playful yet sincere. "I'll never trouble a helpless little human being who's in so much pain."

Then, with a more serious tone, he continued, "And also, I wanted to apologize to you for being so mean that day. I shouldn't have talked to you like that. I'm sorry. That's what I've wanted to tell you for so long."

"Thank you for apologizing," I replied, offering a small smile as I glanced at him.

After a few minutes, I realized my body was burning up. Every inch of my body was hurting. I started feeling nauseous. "I want to sit. I don't think I can walk anymore", I managed to say weakly.

Everything started getting blurred. Siddhant was saying something but couldn't hear him. Siddhant's concerned voice echoed faintly in my ears, but I struggled to make out his words. It felt like time slowed down and then... I don't know what happened next.

>>

I opened my eyes but found myself unable to move due to the pain coursing through my body. Realizing I wasn't at home or in my dorm, panic set in as I struggled to recall what had happened after feeling nauseous.

With great effort, I managed to stand, but dizziness threatened to overwhelm me, and I nearly collapsed before strong arms caught me.

"I got you, Red," came a familiar voice. It was Siddhant.

Pushing him away angrily, I demanded answers. "Where am I? What time is it? Why did you bring me here? Why can't I remember anything? What happened?"

"I'm sorry, I was just trying to help," he apologized walking towards me.

"Don't come closer... Just let me go," I pleaded, fear gripping me as I realized I was alone with someone I barely knew and couldn't trust.

"It's okay, Red! Don't be scared. I won't hurt you. I will just stand here and explain everything to you, okay?" Siddhant reassured me, taking a step back before continuing, "You fainted today while we we were walking back to your dorm. I didn't know what to do... I panicked, so I brought you to my home. It's been an hour since you passed out. I'm sorry; I know it was a wrong decision to bring you here, but I didn't know what else to do. I'm sorry okay?"

Tears welled up as I felt overwhelmed and scared. "I want to go back."

"It's okay, calm down. We'll leave right now," he said gently, extending his hand to help me up.

I hesitated at first. Eventually, I relented and followed him, noticing for the first time the care and concern in his eyes. He led me to kitchen.

In the kitchen, Siddhant urged me to eat something before we left so I could take my medicine. Despite my protests, he insisted, placing a bowl of spaghetti in front of me.

"No, thank you. I'm not hungry. I just want to leave," I replied weakly.

"I'm sorry, but I'm hungry. Please wait for me to finish," he said, taking his first bite.