Epilogue

Keturah's POV

"If you just tuned in you're still watching News 124  I am Keturah Walls, let's do some  international news."

"Perfect Anderson, now back  to camera one..... camera four.......camera five for the montage....and six."

My producer was in my ear the whole time doing his own thing like our normal routine. We had five minutes and the teleprompter was up to its speed. This was our prime evening news and I had to fill in for Miranda.

".... that's it from us today on 124. For more news, log on to znews.com or our social media channels. I am Keturah Walls, have a good evening."

Brrrr!

That was my cue to get off stage for the technicians to prepare the set for the next show.

Monelle was up next with Travel Asia in sixty seconds. I thanked my crew and Julian, my producer for a successful broadcast.

It'd been two weeks after my marriage and I still felt like I was flying. Whenever I stared at my ring, it still felt like a dream.

We spent two weeks of our honeymoon in the Caribbean; Barbados, Belize and Jamaica. D could almost speak the patoa now. 

He had tanned and had this five o' clock shadow. I told him the only thing left was his face to grow a full beard. Man would look rugged.

His abs and biceps were ripped, he said it came with the perks of being married. I wasn't complaining.

It was half past eight when I got home in my new white Range Rover Evoque. My husband decided to grace me with this wonderful present after our honeymoon.

This man was always thinking ahead of me but he doesn't know what's gonna hit him next.

The EPL was going to commence next month and I already had five tickets to a few of his games; perks of being in the  media space.

I had an exclusive interview two years ago with Mr. Mangoustan, the coach for FC Thurston United.

The interview ended so well we became good friends. He was down to one on my favour and pledged to honor it anytime I called and that he did.

And now, thanks to him, we had five VIP tickets to go see them play. This was going to blow D away. He had been busy non-stop with no free time even on the weekends.

He had to bring his work home on the weekends and Greg, God bless his heart, was always with him as well making sure all backlogs were cleared. 

The entire house was dark indicating that D wasn't home yet making me remember the meeting he told me about in the morning. I sent him a quick text and dived in straight into our kitchen to prepare dinner.

I chuckled shaking my head at how quiet the place was. I could imagine our children lurking around asking me what's for dinner. It would be a dream come true.

I'd always wanted three children, D wanted two but I kinda convinced him, more like persuaded him into three. Two boys and a girl. I was believing and praying that it'll come true.

My cycle was two weeks late but I wasn't going to raise my hope and D's hope up.

But this man told me three nights ago that he could feel that I was pregnant. He actually decreed and since then, I always woke up to his face on my belly speaking in hushed tones to our babies.

I was hoping for twins. That was how big my faith was.

The rice was ready but I had to keep it in the oven and wait for him. I walked into our living room filled with pictures of us on our graduation, engagement and wedding day.

I smiled so wide reminiscing these memories, particularly our first dance at our reception. My father in-law made me cry so hard that day and made me laugh like never before that very moment.

He was so thoughtful just like his son, he was the father figure I needed in my life all this while. I wish I wasn't snobbish way back then but D was really annoying when we were kids so I never bothered to meet them.

There hanging just beside it was that of D and my mama. I never knew my mom had moves like that. She had everyone fooled with her strictness. Always shooing the men away everytime they came around, not knowing she had her own plans she was executing.

A very good one that had given me pure bliss.

"Mmmmm, the place smells wonderful. Is that thai." D rushed to me after locking the front door.

"Good evening."

"Good evening." He turned me around, wrapping his hands around my waist as we stared at our photos.

"How was your day?"

"Great. It was a busy day. Drove right home after the meeting with the shareholders. Yours?"

"It was good as well. Want to freshen up before dinner?"

"Hell yeah." Darien carried me to our bathroom and the few minutes we planned to use turned into two hours. I still wasn't complaining. Who am I to? 

We were saving water. Besides, we were making up for all the time we agreed to be celibate. We sat at the dining room with our hair drenched giggling like naughty kids on Christmas.

"Do we have any  plans this weekend?" I shook my head quenching my taste buds with the cocktail served on the table.

" How about we wash your hair and style it like how we said yesterday. We can even go shopping for our new studio." I nodded clearing the table. D washed while I rinsed talking about nonchalant stuff, happenings of our day and the internet.

We were going to start our podcast in about two weeks, hopefully. We wanted to finish setting everything up. We had cleared our seventh room for that. I was fired up. I couldn't wait for it to go live.

We made a poll on the gram to get the views of our followers, tends people are really into it. We cleaned the kitchen and walked upstairs to our room hand in hand as he set up the security alarm.

" So, you're up for round three?"

"Boy, stop playing." I laughed, jokingly hitting his arm but he was serious. I squeaked when he lifted me abruptly.

"Darien!" I guffawed at how fast he swayed me on his shoulders hitting my bum in the process.

"Oh come on sweetheart, you know you want to."

That I did.

A/N: I can't believe we just finished Cherophobia

A/N: I can't believe we just finished Cherophobia. It's been a wonderful journey, I cried and laughed with Darien and Keturah in their saddest and happiest moments. I've never been so attached to a book before.

I'm happy that their story is completed and I'm grateful for you wonderful readers and voters for taking this book on a ride.
I'll start editing it right away, probably this Friday right from the very first chapter.

I have another novel in mind but I want to finish editing Cherophobia before I draft that. But I can't wait for it. I'm pretty sure you guys are gonna love that one too. Until then, Adios.