15

By noon, Darien had left to meet his friends for lunch.

I insisted he stayed with us, but he told me we'd catch up after school leaving my best friends to make me the topic of the day.

"Is he always this quiet or he's just shy?" Dany asked slurping on her milkshake.

I avoided her question and scrolled through my feed.

"How did the dinner go, were you served well?" and that made them switch to the foods they enjoyed all yesterday evening.

They began gisting me on everything and I was happy they enjoyed themselves.

"I wish you were there K. The food was so good and they treated us really well."

Dany moaned savoring the taste of the dishes in her mouth.

"I'm so glad we went shopping, the place was so fancy and when we entered the best spot was saved for us." She grinned making me happy.

"Oh! oh! You remember the waiter's accent?" Cheryl amusingly said standing up to imitate their server.

"What can I get you Mesdemoiselles?" we laughed at her impersonation.

"I'm happy you guys had the best." they thanked me again and I rolled my eyes smiling. I'd do anything for them.

"Our next stop should be a five star hotel, or a tourist site no not a tourist site, a five star hotel would be great." Cheryl beamed making me snort but thought about it for a moment.

Since I was helping companies in brand developing and awareness why not venture into hospitality.

I made a mental note to start a feature on that and went back on my phone when I heard a ping.

It was from Darien. It wasn't a message but an Instagram post he had tagged me in. I chuckled and replied with some silly emojis.

I flipped through my feed there to see my followers shoot up drastically. I smiled knowing it was because of Darien.

"What got you laughing?" Dany poked her face into my phone, curious to see what was going on.

"It's nothing, just going through my feed." I shrugged but she still gave me the eye clearly not believing me.

I then remembered our conversation in class, "you know, we need to look for a guy for you Dany." She scoffed at my statement and got up signalling it was time for our next class.

"Yeah don't think so." She shrugged pulling Cheryl from her seat.

"Look at me?" Dany belittled herself scrunching her face at us.

"And what's wrong with yourself?" Cheryl asked but she shrugged.

I stared at my beautiful friend, Dany was a beauty. For a short girl like her, she had a nice heavy curly hair with green eyes which complimented the freckles below her eyes.

"You are beautiful, anyone would fall for you." I dismissed her statement and turned to Cheryl who completely agreed with a pout. But, Dany scoffed and walked ahead.

"Someone hurt her." Cheryl confirmed my suspicion as we stared at our friend.

"And we need to know who it was?" I smirked like detective on a mission.

We caught up with her and held her hands as we walked to our next class silently.

"So are you going to tell us or we have to force it out of you?" Chery broke the silence as we took our seat.

"It's nothing. It happened a long time ago, way before we started college." She winced and gave out a sad smile.

If this happened approximately four years ago, then why didn't she tell us?