41

" Oh! There you are my boy, how are you doing?"

"Recuperating slowly you?"

"Seen better days. What about you Keturah. How are you feeling?"

"Uh pretty well actually. Thanks for asking." I answered with a genuine smile on my face this time when her accent immediately hit me.

"I see a lot has happened since the last time we spoke. Keturah has he gone down on one knee yet?" I gawked at Mrs. Davies as warmth rushed through my cheeks.

"What! He hasn't? Darien I th-"

"Oh God! Davies." Darien groaned flipping his hair on the other side. His ears had turned red and I knew for a fact that he was hiding his face from us. He was blushing. I giggled making his shrink laugh as well.

"Why do you do this to me Davies. I thought we had a truce."

"Yeah well I don't recall you hitting me up with my client as a date a truce."

"It was a prank." He whined rubbing his tainted ears to stop the blushing. I couldn't hold in my laughter any more.

"Was it? Cause I remember my client almost kissing me after you decided to drop us home."

"Davies." He continued to whine and blush at the same time making him look cute. Really cute. The woman can really whine him up.

Mrs. Davies laughed at his mortified face making me love their relationship. This didn't look like a session with your therapist at all.

"Ok ok. I'm just messing with you. You look really cute not to annoy. Makes me think of my son. Now, tell me are you two together or what? I need the gist."

Darien laced his finger with mine and raised it trying to give the memo to her but she raised a brow with amusement lurking in her eyes.

She was so good at this.

"Yes Davies, we've been together for the past month. I told her how I feel."

And now it was my turn to blush again. The intensity in his eyes after saying that made my heart swell for him all over again. What was he doing to me?

"I told her I love her and couldn't leave a day without her, obviously why we are in this place together." He placed a soft kiss on my lips after murmuring the three words I wasn't tired of hearing.

A throat was cleared making me refocus my attention back on Mrs. Davies. "You guys even forgot I was here. I'm gonna cry. This is really beautiful.

As much as I want to fawn over this relationship, I know you both have been dreading this session so let's get this over with.

Now, since we've done this a couple of times with you Darien-and Keturah as a guest. We are going to take this slow. What we are doing here is confidential and privy to us only.

There is nothing bounding you to speak or stay. You can leave or-"

"Tell me what you want to tell me. We get it Davies-Ouch!" I pinched his thumb one more time for interrupting the woman.

"I know you get it. Just wanted your lovely girlfriend to know what we're doing here."

I nodded in agreement to Mrs. Davies and she sighed. "Alright, let's start."

My eyes quickly found the time at the bottom of the laptop anxiously waiting for next hour to go by fast.

"I know you two have been through a lot these two weeks. What do you want to tell me? Let me start with you Darien, how are you really feeling about the incident?"